Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dragons Lair on Home Cade  (Read 1260 times)

faulkkev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 09:51:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Dragons Lair on Home Cade
« on: September 24, 2022, 12:25:25 pm »
I have been kicking the can on figuring out how to load dragons lair on my home arcade.  It is running retroarch, Mame with launchbox front end "bigbox" on windows 10 pc.  My question is after looking around im not sure im clear on my options.  I have seen there are p3 versions and retroarch should be able to play those and my pc is more than able to handle it.  On the other hand there is Daphne and if i understood it correctly you need to mount a disc to support the install?  Also if using Daphne do you have to have the dvd mounted all the time or just during setup? 

If anyone could steer me on the best path i would appreciate it. I was thinking Dragons Lair would be a cool addition to my cade.

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
Re: Dragons Lair on Home Cade
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 01:33:37 pm »
I would suggest looking into using the dolphin emulator and the wii .iso Dragon’s Lair Trilogy.. Then you get 3 games and they look great and it is way easier to get going, IMHO..

faulkkev

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2022, 09:51:32 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 02:52:33 pm »
I assume retroarch Dolphin is fine?  Also just get the dvd set off ebay as many others have suggested? 

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 05:32:40 pm »
I have not used retroarch dolphin but I hope it works for you.. Installing Dolphin and getting it setup into your BigBox install should also be easy enough..

PM Sent

Zeosstud

bimm25e

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:28:13 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 09:22:43 am »
Daphne loader is great and makes sure you are getting the right files but im not able to get it to load in Hyperspin,
I jist exit out of HS when i want to play it.

More games=more problems.  I try to keep things "good enough"

EvilNuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 04:41:13 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 03:21:02 pm »
On the other hand there is Daphne and if i understood it correctly you need to mount a disc to support the install?  Also if using Daphne do you have to have the dvd mounted all the time or just during setup? 

Daphne has a deal with Digital Leisure such that if you have any of their dvd's for the games Daphne can register that you have a legal copy and download the game.  See here:
https://www.daphne-emu.com:9443/mediawiki/index.php/DigitalLeisureDVD

I know I don't have the dvd left in my system but I forget if I just have an iso rip of my dvd and reference that or if it was a one time thing.  Either way if you have the dvd there's an easy solution.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2022, 10:46:21 pm »
I used the sega cd version in the past with fusion. Not sure how that version compares to the original.