Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Taken! Free semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet - Markham Ontario  (Read 1317 times)

ericball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2024, 03:07:18 pm
Taken! Free semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet - Markham Ontario
« on: September 24, 2022, 10:58:57 am »
I'm giving away my semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet.  You just need to bring some way to get it out of my basement and to your home.  Read on if you're interested.

Many many moons ago (2004) I rescued a Tempest cabinet from the curb.  No monitor or marquee, but it did have the control panel.  (Also the PCBs, but those were given away to someone who could use them to bring their cabinet to life.)  I had grand plans to set it up with MAME to play Tempest and other games using the original controls.  While it's basically functional, it never reached the "complete" stage.

What you will be getting: cabinet with control panel (including original spinner & volcano buttons) & coin door, IBM P200 XGA 21" monitor (decased and mounted), custom speaker "marquee", along with a "tall" coin door and any other parts I find laying around.

For $100 I'll throw in a brand new Ultimarc UHID to replace the hacked keyboard & mouse controllers, PC with AtomicFE and MAME ready to play and a stereo receiver/amp to drive those speakers.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 11:59:11 am by ericball »
MAME Projects % completed:
2004 3 sided cocktail cabinet w/ modular CP <25%
2004 Tempest cabinet & CP > 75%
2017 Raspberry Pi Zero W w/ Lakka microconsole 50%
2021 Vertical Bartop - in progress > 80%, 100% functional

EwJ

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2022, 10:16:06 pm
Re: Free semi-MAME'd Tempest cabinet - Markham Ontario
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 01:49:34 am »
Hi,
I'd be very happy to pick this up.  I have a large van and live nearby.
PM sent.