Main > Consoles

Super GBA

<< < (2/3) > >>

nitrogen_widget:
are you running it through the dishwasher to clean?

Howard_Casto:
Oh I'm not using that nasty old shell.   The mod kit came with one... looks brand new.   

nitrogen_widget:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on September 24, 2022, 02:18:50 am ---Oh I'm not using that nasty old shell.   The mod kit came with one... looks brand new.

--- End quote ---

ok.
I guess i don't understand yet what you are doing.

Malenko:

--- Quote from: nitrogen_widget on September 24, 2022, 06:09:13 pm ---I guess i don't understand yet what you are doing.

--- End quote ---

From what I can tell, its gonna be a GBA that acts like a console that plugs into a TV (instead of being a portable?).

Zebidee:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on September 21, 2022, 09:53:01 pm ---So the lcd mod came in.  The good news is the new screen works great and hdmi out works fine.   The bad news is the batteries go dead in about 5 minutes when playing a game on my 60 inch tv.   Thankfully the dock will fix this issue as it'll power the console when docked.   I'll post picks later in the week when I get a chance.

--- End quote ---

Sounds dangerous. That much battery draw could start a fire. I guess your battery powered GBA was never designed to share video circuits with a big TV.

Wondering if the video amp circuit is working overtime to supply current to the TV.

Hopefully the AC dock solves the issue, but may be worth checking if any of the ICs etc are getting overly warm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version