Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch XL keeps saying PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT  (Read 1443 times)

themurph65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2022, 08:12:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch XL keeps saying PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT
« on: September 05, 2022, 01:23:38 am »
I had this xl for 1 day before it broke. When I turn it on it starts to boot up. The screen comes up that has the option to press DEL. If you dont press anything the next screen is black and in the upper left corner it says
PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT
When i press a key its start to reboot again and then right back to the PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT. Dont matter how many times I press a key.I have no idea whats wrong. I know nothing about these computers or computers in general but I am trying to figure this out. I appreciate the help.

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:04:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Megatouch XL keeps saying PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 06:29:31 am »
For context, he's posted the same question a few times on the megatouch Facebook group. We've already suggested he check hard drive connections and/or replace the drive.

To my knowledge, he's done neither.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:53 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 09:16:33 pm »
post count =1 im sure he will move on to klov next.
I mean keep trying websites till you get an answer you like. Maybe he will eventually find the magic keyboard trick...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 09:23:43 pm by mahkeymike »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:55:20 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 12:37:43 pm »
answer is simple... it says "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT"

you press the letter "A" key...not any others...and done!

i jest. or not. whatever. sometimes i lie...sometimes i just stretch the truth.

ezpz answer...swap harddrive (or re-clone a good version onto it).... the message is from the initial operating system loading up... finding it has toasted/missing/corrupted files and telling you to try rebooting cause it might just be a fluke.

but the drive is 100 years old and likely needs to be tossed anyway...dig up something new(er) and extend your lifetime by several years.

(see what i did there?)