Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tips on how to stop deterioration of an arcade marquee artwork?  (Read 1471 times)

Teh Lurv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2022, 09:44:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Tips on how to stop deterioration of an arcade marquee artwork?
« on: September 01, 2022, 09:17:26 pm »
I recently bought an arcade marquee lot where the seller caveated two the flexi marquees in the lot (Pit Fighter & Cabal if anyone was wondering) were badly damaged. Looking at the marquees after I got home, I can tell Pit Fighter is probably a lost cause. Big chunks of the artwork layer are missing and the rest flakes off like it has a bad case of dandruff. Cabal on the other hand is in better shape than I was led to believe, but it has some small pitted spots of missing artwork with cracks that I think will probably grow over time.

I was curious if there is anything like glue or other adhesive I could try to reinforce the artwork without damaging the marquee further?

spisi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:20:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Tips on how to stop deterioration of an arcade marquee artwork?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 09:29:40 am »
Pictures?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 11:09:10 am »
I've heard of people putting "triple thick" over artwork on pinballs to try and mitigate further deterioration. I'm not sure about it's log run performance, as ive never done it. but something worth googling if you want a rathole to go down today.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:12 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 12:11:29 am »
I noticed that some arcade operators in Australia would laminate marquee artwork
Check out my completed projects!