--- Quote from: Malenko on November 06, 2022, 09:59:01 am ---www.pinside.com 

Follow Jim's advice.

--- End quote ---

just don't join there...

or post a question there...

or comment there...

ruthless.

Malenko:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on November 06, 2022, 12:58:22 pm ---just don't join there...

or comment there...

ruthless.

--- End quote ---
I've had no problems there. /shrug

lilshawn:

--- Quote from: Malenko on November 06, 2022, 08:12:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: lilshawn on November 06, 2022, 12:58:22 pm ---just don't join there...

or comment there...

ruthless.

--- End quote ---
I've had no problems there. /shrug

--- End quote ---

a few years back i was desperate to fix an issue and just created a throwaway account (thinking id probably never go back)

i made a post carefully documenting what i had, where it came from, what i had done, the steps i already took to attempt repair... asking if they believed i missed anything or what my next step might be to troubleshoot it...

i was presented with 4 or 5 posts in the first few hours asking WHY i was bothering to fix this as it was a worthless game... why i don't just send it off to XYZ repair to be fixed if i can't do it... why i don't just buy a new replacement from ABC corporation.

after a day or so i came back to the post and actually found some great information from a couple guys that did indeed help me locate the issue, but damn, there is some ravenous skulkers out there.

i did eventually make a fully fleshed out account there not that long ago

pbj:
I have a great deal of difficulty finding useful information on that site.  Someone else grabbed pinballjim so I think I'm something lame like OG_pinballjim.  From what little time I’ve spent there it’s the same behavior that drove me off rec.games.pinball.  Diarrhea finger posters on every single thread.  Angry wing nut politics.  People spending far too much money they shouldn’t have on games that aren’t any good and god help you if you say anything negative about their purchase.  Useless tech advice that sounds useful but is ultimately meaningless.

The situation actually sucks because I'm having a very weird problem with one of my games right now, and I don’t want to deal with sifting through pinside for a solution.  They’re doing fine without me.

:cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version