Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pinball Plunger with Microswitch?  (Read 1321 times)

Nitro0602

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:53:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Pinball Plunger with Microswitch?
« on: December 09, 2022, 09:23:49 am »
Hey guys, anyone know where I can purchase one? Funny enough I’m using for a non pinball game lol.. when pulling back it would press on the switch and then release. It’s for a baseball game where the player swings the bat. Game is called Super Major League 99 for Sega Naomi.  Unfortunately the emulator doesn’t recognize the Arduino board.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Pinball Plunger with Microswitch?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 01:35:03 pm »
you could use a plain old ordinary plunger with an arcade microswitch at the end... adjust the switch so it is slightly away from the plunger end and rely on the momentum from releasing the plunger and the barrel spring to allow the plunger shaft to move forward enough after for the switch to be pressed in. this would allow the game action to take place AFTER release of the plunger. this my make the button press too short to register though. your actual game may vary.