Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: E-Bikes!  (Read 11618 times)

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:53:02 pm
Re: E-Bikes!
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2022, 11:25:33 pm »
This is coming from somebody whose organizations sole business is managing research grants for a university system.

So you’re a programmer for Cayuse or a Cayuse knock off?  And this gives you expertise on peer reviewed research funding?  Cmon, bro.

As Howard and Danny have already pointed out, it is pointless to reason with such people. The climate change denialists have already made up their minds and will refuse to adapt to new inputs, even when provided with mountains of evidence.

They have invested too much of themselves, in their blinkered views, to change now. All they can do is double-down, dig a deeper hole. Easier than admitting they were wrong.

You see it in the incoherent rambling and presentation of half-thought opinions dressed as facts.

This is the downside of the information age. We have so much information and knowledge literally at our hands, but we also have much more access to misinformation (and people have a monetary incentive to create and spread this misinformation).

This has led to an explosion of misinformation and conspiracy theories, and also extremism. Look hard enough and you can always find people to support your warped views.

As for research funding and grants allocation, that is something I do have a lot of direct experience in, and at high levels as a senior government innovation, research and industry analyst and policy developer/advisor. Let me assure you of one thing:

There is no government (or other agency) conspiracy pushing the idea of man-made climate change.

Governments are, in fact, the laggards here. Now they are running to catch up. Scientists, action groups, schoolkids and even the private sector have been leading the charge with awareness and response to man-made climate change.

As for the "OK BOOMER" comment - I'm making the point that WE are the ones who created the mess that this planet is now in, but we'll be dead before too long, and our kids will be the ones left to pay for/suffer the damage.

There might not be much we can do about it, but we can start by accepting responsibility.
Check out my completed projects!

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:27:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2022, 12:37:04 am »
Yes if the gelogist quoted the same figures that a VULCANologist would quote, then yes it wouldn't matter if he said it, or Jordan Peterson or my barber. But your mentality is blocking you from comprehending what I said. The geologist was touted as an expert, and then he said something about volcanoes which is completely wrong. But the job is done, most people listening would be left with a vague impression of yet another reason all the climate scientists are wrong. Deny, disrupt, divide.

You do realize that scientists on your own side of the argument attribute the past (well before man) catastrophic climate events attributable to CO2 in the atmosphere to volcanic eruptions and oceanic releases of methane, do you not?  I'm not saying that they will be the primary cause should another one of those occur, but with so many and ever-growing numbers of "breathers and farters" and the animals which support them, the effects of these events will certainly get us closer to the tipping point more quickly than they did in the past. 

And honestly, geologists are just as much in the mix as climatologists with regard to this situation.  How exactly do you think the climatologists know the CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere during the Mesozoic era?  BTW, we used to call "climatologists" weathermen when they were on the news.  I always thought the shift to that was similar to how janitors became "sanitation engineers".

I described this thread's discussion to my teenage/young adult daughters. They asked me to relay a message to all of us. Here is is:

"OK BOOMER"

When I program my computer to tell me that, it does the same thing.  Funny how that works  ;)  But your kids benefitted the same way we and all all of ours did.  Namely every single thing petroleum provided them.  Food, transportation, heat, plastic products, you name it.  It's smeared with the stuff (metaphorically speaking, of course.)  I notice that you like to label people "climate change denier".  You seem to be a "petroleum benefits denier".  Without it, people freeze and go hungry.  Until there is a suitable replacement for the energy it provides, the future you are wishing upon our children is one none of us would want to experience.  To support this world we created (our kids are part of that) we need massive amounts of affordable energy, and particularly as it relates to transportation, efficient and non-destructive ways to store large amounts of it.  When that's a reality, no convincing of others will be necessary and it will be a thing of the past.  But doing things in the wrong order, as we are now, is a recipe for chaos.  Hopefully this isn't being done intentionally to solve that pesky population problem I mentioned earlier, but it will certainly take care of a good part of it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 01:11:30 pm by RandyT »

fallacy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2022, 04:32:05 am »
Been watching some of this guys' videos on bikes. He is one of those guys you just want to listen to his rambling closely because it is chalk full of useful information.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2022, 05:07:21 am »
@fallacy, thanks for the video link. Am watching/listening while typing :D

Cargo bikes look like a really great option.

I like that the guy talks a bit about the issues, like need for regulation and battery safety and such.

@Randy, I actually understand much of your anger regarding these issues.

We are all made to feel like it is our fault. If we didn't burn all those fossil fuels etc etc then we wouldn't be in this situation. Comments like "OK BOOMER" are like rubbing salt into the wounds and deny what we have built for the next generations. I only relayed it to highlight their perspective (I also had a separate conversation with my kids about why they should not really say it to people, IRL).

We are made to feel responsible for everything as individuals, yet we have very little power to make change as individuals.

What makes me angry is that there are things we could be doing, could have been doing, to radically adjust our economies away from fossil fuels to renewables, but there just isn't the political will to do it, or to do it fast enough.

For the future, consider investing in quality companies leveraged to renewables, batteries tech, and/or associated miners (lithium, nickel, copper, tantalum, for example, although these are often the same companies benefiting from fossil fuels so we can't win!).

I wouldn't bother investing any money behind e-bikes companies yet, but is an interesting space to watch.

Dawgz Rule

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:51:05 am
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2022, 07:06:44 am »
This is coming from somebody whose organizations sole business is managing research grants for a university system.

So you’re a programmer for Cayuse or a Cayuse knock off?  And this gives you expertise on peer reviewed research funding?  Cmon, bro.

No, I work for a Research Foundation for the largest university system in the country.  In particular, I am responsible for all of the business systems that manage $1.4 billion in grants.  I am very familiar with both the pre-award and post award grants management processes and funding.  I deal directly with grants and grants administration all day long.   And yes, there are plenty of research grants associated with climate change.

Try again.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 07:34:36 am by Dawgz Rule »

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2022, 07:30:08 am »

As Howard and Danny have already pointed out, it is pointless to reason with such people. The climate change denialists have already made up their minds and will refuse to adapt to new inputs, even when provided with mountains of evidence.

What evidence?   Do you realize that despite the "overwhelming evidence" that there hasn't been a single instance of the climate alarmists being right?   If you believe otherwise, please share.   Perhaps the reason why is that most of these "predictions" are based on faulty IPCC CO2 climate models. 

It is very easy to slap a label on others as "climate deniers" because it puts it in a nice container where you can't discuss facts.   I don't deny climate change is happening.   I deny that the principal driver in climate change is man.  I also deny that there is anything of substance that is going to change that trajectory as compared to the influence of the sun on our climate.   

Agreed, the average planet temperature has risen 0.8 degrees celsius since 1850.  Along with that, CO2 emissions have increased.   However, to say one is the cause of the other is a hypothesis that has yet to be rooted in scientific fact.   This is especially so if you consider that a mere change in the sun's energy of 0.01% would have a much greater impact on CO2 levels on our planet. 

That aside, if you really want to do something about our planet, the focus needs to be on China and India.   Emissions in the US have been steadily declining since 2010 or 2011.   Again, it does us no good to purchase wind turbines and solar panels from China, which are being produced via coal.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 09:15:37 am by Dawgz Rule »

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2022, 09:38:27 am »
What evidence?   Do you realize that despite the "overwhelming evidence" that there hasn't been a single instance of the climate alarmists being right?   If you believe otherwise, please share.   Perhaps the reason why is that most of these "predictions" are based on faulty IPCC CO2 climate models. 

First, you should convincingly prove your theory about the Sun causing all the issues. If the evidence is so obvious to convince you, surely it can't be that hard.

When I was still in denial, or at least feeling agnostic, I wanted to believe that it was about sun cycles, or maybe some other cycle. But the evidence just didn't stack up.

On the other hand, the case for it being a man-made crisis is overwhelming. You just need to open your eyes to see it.

Some people have talked about "follow-the-money". Well, the big money has been in the fossil industry. These are the people behind the real conspiracy theory, that man-made climate change is a lie, that something else like sun cycles is the culprit.

Just like tobacco industry, they will do anything to remain in business.

Instead of boring you with an essay that you will simply deny and refute with no basis in fact, I'll give you a video to help stimulate your thought processes about how scientists can analyse the same data and come to conclusions. It may also stimulate something else in you - she is pretty hot, at least IMO. So worth watching for that as well.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2022, 09:55:06 am »
Indulging you here, as I am not in the business of turning skeptics around (mostly fruitless due to blinkered views, as noted above)

I found this infographic article very convincing about a) the very real man-made contributions to carbon in our atmosphere, and b) how little time we have left.

Summary is: we have squandered our carbon "budget", time has run out.

It is somewhat Australia focused, but what do you expect.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-15/acting-now-can-buy-us-time-on-climate-change/100020944

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2022, 11:13:36 am »
I don't doubt that there are man-made contributions to carbon dioxide emissions.   However, you fail to recognize that it is widely accepted that the earth also goes through natural climate cycles that are well documented.  By cycles, that means periods of heating and cooling.  These cycles are both long and short-term in nature, and include:

- Milankovitch Cycles (Millenial)
- Century Scale Climate Cycles
- Interannual and Decadal Climate Cycles

Other contributors include:

- Solar Cycles (the sun's magnetic field flips every 11 years causing this)
 - Volcanic Sulfur
 - Orbital Wobble
 - Short-term climate fluctuations such as circulation changes in the Pacific and the Atlantic Ocean

In my humble opinion, I can't help but believe that these have significantly more impact than man-made influences.  Again though, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be good stewards of our planet.

At the end of the day, climate activists fail to provide a solution beyond "renewables" and fail to recognize the impact the creation of those renewables is having on the very environment they are fighting to protect.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2022, 11:41:40 am »
Dawgz, I am aware of all those factors. None of that adds up.

The cycles you mention don't add up to what we are seeing now.

Sun activity cycles (as you noted, over 11 years) do not match the rest of the data.

Orbital wobble? You mean like the 26000 years one? Where is the connection to the long term climate change data.

Short-term cycles in the oceans? Sure, they bring short-term climate condition disasters like droughts and floods. I am Australian - we get drought, bushfire, floods, drought, drought, bushfire, drought, bushfire, floods floods, then drought drought and more bushfire.

They are getting worse. A lot worse. Australian skeptics are starting to believe in climate change because they see it in their backyards.

Cycles come and go. What you need to measure is average ocean temperatures, which are rising. High ocean temperatures drive more cyclical activity.

Volcanic sulphur? There has been no special "recent" volcanic activity, beyond the norm over millions of years, to account for any of the climate change data.

Which brings me to high and rising CO2 levels, which some seem to think is due to volcanos. It isn't. There is no connection at all between the normal levels of volcanic activity seen over past centuries, and the CO2 levels.

Nothing else on your list accounts for the CO2 levels. Sun cycles and orbital wobbles or whatever won't have the same impact on measurable CO2 levels in our atmosphere, which have been steadily rising since long before the industrial revolution - when they started taking off.

Now, if you take 5 minutes to follow the article I linked earlier, you can see how we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere like never before. It didn't come from nowhere, sun spots, ocean cycles or even volcanos. It is there because we put it there, and the climate models are correctly predicting the temperature rises that we are experiencing already.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:24:57 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2022, 12:07:34 pm »
You guys are just going to run around in circles.

That is why we don't do politics and religion here.

You could do 2000 posts here and you will not have made any progress at all.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2022, 12:37:27 pm »
Been watching some of this guys' videos on bikes. He is one of those guys you just want to listen to his rambling closely because it is chalk full of useful information.

It might just be confirmation bias talking, but the guy seems on point.  I flirted with the idea of getting a cargo bike, because who doesn't like the option of carrying extra stuff.  The issue with them is that you are always carrying extra stuff, even when it's empty.  Reduced curb appeal and dexterity also factored into my decision against one.  They have their place, but for most it would probably be good as a second vehicle.  One for the everyday commute, and one for hauling stuff.  I've found that this covers most of my cargo needs :)  If that's not enough, a good lightweight bike trailer is an option.

A major benefit of bikes with cargo capacity is the ability to hack in an absolutely massive battery, and still have room for your stuff.  This greatly enhances their appeal to the practical minded. 

While on the subject of batteries, I'll say that this is a major requirement for extreme care.  If you have it as an option, always charge them outside and if possible, in a fire-proof vessel.  Outside of accidental impact, charging is the most dangerous time to be around them.  If I lived in an urban setting, I would run an extension cord out the window and charge it on the fire escape.  Could still be a problem for anyone below it if it went thermal, but the chance for containment will be better than if it's on your nightstand.  Oh, and a good fire extinguisher which can douse a lithium fire is another good accessory item.

I'll say something else about cargo e-bikes which many will not like.  They aren't really that practical.  It's hard to match the practicality of a small, gas-powered scooter.  I know it uses evil petroleum, but it literally sips the stuff.  If you want to see to what effect they can haul things, just do an image search on Google for "overloaded scooter".  If nothing more it's good for a chuckle.   

Now, if you take 5 minutes to follow the article I linked earlier, you can see how we are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere like never before. It didn't come from nowhere, sun spots, ocean cycles or even volcanos. It is there because we put it there, and the climate models are correctly predicting the temperature rises that we are experiencing already.

CO2=Life.  Extinguish life=Problem solved.  So, which people will you offer up to be the first on the sacrificial altar?  You might think that is an extreme question, but that is precisely what it currently boils down to.  We are so dependent on the energy provided by petroleum, the lack of it means death to many.  Germany is terrified right now, because "Winter is coming".  They aren't the only ones.

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2022, 02:07:50 pm »
Indulging you here

Don't bother, you can't argue with mental illness. We're dealing with delusion in the clinical sense here.

RandyT

• Offline Offline
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2022, 02:35:27 pm »
Don't bother, you can't argue with mental illness.

We know, but we won't give up on you.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:43:57 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2022, 03:26:42 pm »

No, I work for a Research Foundation for the largest university system in the country.  In particular, I am responsible for all of the business systems that manage $1.4 billion in grants.  I am very familiar with both the pre-award and post award grants management processes and funding.  I deal directly with grants and grants administration all day long.   And yes, there are plenty of research grants associated with climate change.

Try again.

You hiring?   ;D

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2022, 04:15:23 pm »
Do you know why the Science, has not included Solar activity into their Climate models?
Because it would reveal things, that people are not prepared to hear, nor accept.

All of your Radical Eco savings methods, will never stop the massive changes that are coming
in the near future.   And NONE of if,  will be due to Mankinds pollution.

The Sun goes through different phases.  It also changes its magnetic poles... which is why the Earths
poles have been drastically moving, and are soon to flip.

There was a book labeled something like  Adam and Eve,  which spoke about the coming cataclysmic
event... and It was discovered that the  "See eye Ay"   removed and censored several pages of that
book.

My theory, based on what I recall of the video that I watched on the subject... is that its a compound
problem.  The Earth experiences a certain wobble change, which makes it further away from the sun.
I believe it might have stated a slightly longer Orbit, too,  due to some other factor.

Then you have the solar strength periods.  When the solar goes through its "Grand solar minimum",
you have a weakened protective magnetic field surrounding the earth.  This thus, may allow more
Meteors, to crash into the ground, rather than burning up.

I believe the earths magnetic core, which is likely the root means of producing its strong gravity...
will start to slow in rotational speed.  This will reduce the overall gravitational strength.. as well as
simple magnetic strength...  and its quite possible, that this will cause a LOT of catastrophic effects.

For one... the plates that the Continents are seated on... may start to slide around.  For another...
pressure and forces that used to keep Lava deep within the earth... will relax.. allowing for massive
volcanic activity, unlike anything ever seen before.   Masses of land, may end up rising miles into
the sky... and or falling thousands of feet deep into the ocean floors.

There is another Huge Issue...

I believe, its been said that the earth isnt actually a perfect "Ball".   Its more like an ovular shape...
possibly due to the rotation speed and gravitational pull along the equator... where the water is actually
"higher".     Thus... if the Earths gravity weakens enough... all of that water will be dropped flat...
and you will get the famous Biblical "Noah Flood".

I cant recall the order of these events.  I believe we are supposedly headed for a mini ice age, soon.
The rest, is shortly to follow.

A lot of the evidence has been ignored, and swept under the rug.  There are sea fossils found high up
in mountainous areas.  There are entire Ancient Cities, deep at the bottom of the ocean floors.
Areas of the Dessert, that long ago.. used to be full of plants, water., and a river.. are now seeing
water, snow, and flowers blooming in them.. very recently.

I believe Ive heard, that there are times when the earth had Ice-Free poles.  That these ice
build ups, are remnants of a previous Ice Age, that we are still coming out of.

I can also tell you, that there are a lot of other "Warning Signs",  of what is to come.

- The US created a Doomsday Seed bank, not too long ago.
 - The US started creating these Emergency Fema Camps, all over the place.  Many are capable of keeping
over 30,000 people within them.   According to many, these sites were not active, until more recently.
 - The media has been Promoting "Survival" shows, for the past few decades.
 - The stores, have been stocking and selling high quantities of survival gear
 - The Boy Scouts were Camping in the winter (I have friends that do this.  Not sure if / when that practice started).
 - Robin Willams, before passing... Said that a horrible event was about to take place.  That people would freeze to deth...
and that nobody was going to be doing anything about it, to warn the masses.
 - Certain Telescope observatories, were being raided by the FB-Eye, for some strange reason, recently.
 - Many weather, and space weather data collectors, have been temporarily turned off at times, and the data Wiped.
 - Many have notices that the suns trajectory in the sky, has moved, from where they remember it to be.
 - Some have noted that the suns light used to be more "Yellow", where as now its more "White", in color.
 - A climate expert, has been Railing the fake-science articles recently..  and revealing dirty false attacks, trying to
dispute his data on Solar Activity effects on the climate... and the data to prove it.  Surprisingly, they have not
"Disappeared" him Yet.
 - IMO, the clot-shots, are an intended population control mechanism.  Some got the quick ending, some got the
longer term ending.  And some might have gotten the placebo.
 - Very strange things have been spotted, at the White House... including a lot of odd unmarked busses pulling in,
and erections of large fencing with barbed wire topping.
 - Large underground tunnels were said to be dug, connecting various walmarts together.  One walmart was
supposedly shut down for plumbing issues... and never reopened.  It then had barbed fencing on it, and I believe
it was being guarded by men with rifles.
 - Food processing plants have been catching on fire recently.  Not sure of the significance of this, at the moment.
 - The IRS, was recently upped in staff, to hire like 80k more workers, that are equipped with firearms...
and stated that their line of work will be "Dangerous".

Further Speculations:

- The recent radical push for removal of Gas and Oil,  is likely to prevent further destruction when the
Cataclysmic events start unfurling.  You dont want such pipes bursting open.
 - Lockdowns, the shut down of the Economy, the destruction of small businesses... likely related to the coming
communistic / one-world-govt.
 - Open Borders, to get people of various countries, into safer zones, for when the SHTF.
 - Large number of Cattle were seen deceased, all at once.  The media blamed the heat... but it was not that hot,
where the cattle were grazing.  Certainly not hot enough to end thousands of cows lives.  My guess, is that these
went into the stockpiles of the privileged Elite.
 - Intentional Racism and Division is being propagated in the mass media, intentionally... to try to start
civil wars, and help reduce the overall population.  Possibly to speed up rollout of martial law, and or the
acceptance of it.
 - Gun control psyops, have been going on often... and often being called out for their mistakes.  Its clear,
that they are planning to remove all rights to firearms, for civilian protection.  This will help speed the
coming commie takeover.
 - Criminals are intentionally being released back into the general population... rather than staying locked up.
 - Commiefornia, has made a law that prevents any arrest for shoplifting under $1000.. so now, shops
are being completely looted, and forced out of business, by individuals, and or gangs of thugs.

- Tesla's  Vacuum Tube Train, IMO, is actually an Elitists quick-escape mechanism.  Its not robust enough, for mass people
transport.  Its not even realistic, in its stated design functionality.
 - Tesla's  CyberTruck... looks like an Apocalyptic transport mechanism.  Bullet proof glass, and sloped angles,
to allow it to roll through debris and or crowds of people.
 - Its possible that China's empty cities, were not in fact merely made out of corruption.. but instead, to help
house people when the SHTF.  These might have been made to take foreigners in.
 - SpaceX, and its plans to go to Mars, is likely an attempt to try to establish a temporary safety zone for the
Elite, until the conditions stabilize, on Earth.   They are likely working with Nasa, to first install a well stocked
jump-base, on the moon... making it feasible to get all of the needed supplies, ready for shipment.  As if they
tried to go directly there from Earth... the weight of the cargo would probably eat too much of the fuel reserves.

Have fun mocking my Speculations and Theories.  I dont care at this point.  Its more for fun, than anything else.
All I have to say, is to enjoy the Present times and days, as much as you can.  You never know, if and when
something catastrophic, might cause all of your plans, to change radically.

Yeah, the Deth train was disinfo BS.  It did its job, of throwing off a lot of people, and their perceived
credibility.  It didnt take away from the knowledge of the Fema camps, for what purpose, they were
built, and recently staffed.   Nor have my perspectives on Govt. spying, been dampened.  Things have
only gotten more and more Orwellian, since then.  Especially in China... where you can no longer
purchase anything without facial recognition and or your phone.

Censorship has reached an insane level, with platforms shadow banning peoples words, videos, and
or outright banning anything that goes against the corrupted narratives from the Hypocritical
and Illogical Radicals.

IMO, Judgement day is coming.  And you will have to prove your worth as a person, and usefulness...
to get a ticket to the underground bunkers.  They know everything that you do, say, etc... as they
have been collecting "social credit" data, for a very long time.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:57 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2022, 04:47:56 pm »
MAGA Steve is the worst Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:24:57 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2022, 04:55:32 pm »
Holy ---smurfing--- ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2022, 05:01:26 pm »
BTW - there has been talks of Ukraine having US funded Bio-Labs all over it.
(Bitchute, is one of the few sites that is not heavily censored... yet)

Originally, this factoid was disputed.  Then, evidence came in, to prove their existence... and they had
to backtrack, and admit to them.

Supposedly, Putin was trying to find these BioLabs, due to then being used to develop Bio-Weapons.

IMO, this translates to the CooF.  An Engineered Virus, designed to take out specific genetic traits.
This was attempted a few times in the past,  such as with "Swine Flu".   It was largely aimed at
the Chinese, at the time.

According to various sources... the  World Health Organization  was intentionally feeding them bad
information, and so the Chinese stopped listening to them, and created their own solution, to stop
that version of the virus.

These days, Bio-Targetting is not mere Fantasy.  Its a very real possibility.  Though, due to biology being
so complex... a lot of these attempts, end up failing.

Of course, they put these things into modern movies, such as the new James Bond film,  to try to
make anyone that presents these things, look like an unhinged lunatic.

Ive seen some clips of these Ukraine events.  There are many Ukrainian soldiers, that have swastika tattoos on them.
 And many interviewers, being told that the worst of their corruption, is coming from the Ukraine leadership.

Of course, without actual proof, how can one make an accurate judgement?
All you can go by, is what the corrupted media channels "Feed" or "Program" you with.
And they weaponize this Programming, by connecting it to ones EMOTIONS.

Rather than thinking with logical and factual data... you simply make snap judgements, based on
your Emotional State.  A state, that they whipped up, using deception, and psychologically manipulative
methods.

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2022, 05:02:56 pm »
MAGA Steve is the worst Steve.

I dont subscribe to any Political Party.   But, I expect and savor that small minded Diversionist type of thinking... and the
ultimate Hypocrisy of it all.

dmckean

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2024, 08:50:41 pm
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2022, 05:06:46 pm »
I wish the mods would clean up all this horseshit so that we could go back to talking about Ebikes since they seem really cool.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:57 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2022, 05:10:41 pm »
Mod? We have mods? Is the Scottbot down for repairs?

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Xiaou2

• Offline Offline
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2022, 05:29:31 pm »
Back on Topic

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2022, 06:12:02 pm »

You hiring?   ;D
[/quote]

Yes, I am seeking a Senior Linux Engineer, preferably one who also has some network and fortigate experience.   Can be 100% remote.   Our systems are predominantly in Oracle Cloud with some now in AWS. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 06:18:46 pm by Dawgz Rule »

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2022, 06:17:13 pm »
I wish the mods would clean up all this horseshit so that we could go back to talking about Ebikes since they seem really cool.

Says the person who jumped right in about mental illness.... funny.

E-bikes....seem kind of cool.  Next on my list after saving up for my real doll.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 06:28:42 pm by Dawgz Rule »

fallacy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 12:27:45 am
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2022, 06:54:16 pm »
Says the person who jumped right in about mental illness.... funny.

E-bikes....seem kind of cool.  Next on my list after saving up for my real doll.

I mean… once they start having realistic facial movement and some semblance of realistic conversation then we can discuss Real Doll tec, but it is still too soon.

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2022, 08:15:53 pm »
Conversation?   Nope, don't need that.

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:09:03 am
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2022, 09:09:22 pm »
Yes if the gelogist quoted the same figures that a VULCANologist would quote, then yes it wouldn't matter if he said it, or Jordan Peterson or my barber. But your mentality is blocking you from comprehending what I said. The geologist was touted as an expert, and then he said something about volcanoes which is completely wrong. But the job is done, most people listening would be left with a vague impression of yet another reason all the climate scientists are wrong. Deny, disrupt, divide.

You do realize that scientists on your own side of the argument attribute the past (well before man) catastrophic climate events attributable to CO2 in the atmosphere to volcanic eruptions and oceanic releases of methane, do you not? 

But again you are confusing things- a whole butt load of co 2 was created by volcanic activity a long time ago when the earth was much younger. The amount of volcanic activity a billion years ago was magnitudes more than now. The environment and climate then was not such that it could support complicated life, let alone humans with their cars and houses and bowling alleys and comic books. When life evolved such that it consumed CO2 for whatever reason a lot died in short periods of time, trapping the CO2. We are releasing in several hundred years what took several hundred MILLION years to lock away. You know all this, and so do the people that tell you to deny it.

Plants are still evolved for a high CO2 atmosphere, so yes when the deniers glibly say BUT PLANTS NEED CO2!!1! they aren't wrong. Some life will adapt to having higher temperatures, more wild storms and much higher sea levels but humans with their skateboards and electric guitars and nicely mowed lawns and beach front condos are going to struggle. That's why people are concerned. Human civilization is very precarious now, too many disruptions will really effect us. Just look at what happened when most of the hard drive factories in Thailand got flooded (don't get hung up on whethe r that particular event was from climate change. We are going to have more flooding) a little while ago. I think it effected something like 20% of the world's supply, just from one flooding event
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 09:14:38 pm by danny_galaga »

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2022, 09:37:09 pm »
Drought in Taiwan recently brought world IT supply chains to a standstill (that and COVID).

They make a lot of microchips, and it turns out that you need a lot of water (ultra clean water) to produce the microchips that we need in our cars n e-bikes and everything else these days.

Now imagine the very possible scenario of China invading Taiwan.

To keep it on topic, now imagine China invading Taiwan on e-bikes (e-boats?) :D

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2022, 09:46:42 pm »
But you know, those advances in touch sensors and built-in heat are pretty nice moves in the right direction.  Which do you think would be more environmentally friendly....TPE or Silicone? 

Dawgz Rule

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2022, 09:47:57 pm »
To keep it on topic, now imagine China invading Taiwan on e-bikes (e-boats?) :D

Oh, that's coming soon enough. 

Zebidee

• Offline Offline