Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Have there ever been "pedestal Arcades" in the wild?  (Read 1243 times)

Pengo2040

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2022, 08:12:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Have there ever been "pedestal Arcades" in the wild?
« on: August 07, 2022, 05:33:26 pm »
that is too say has there ever been a game that natively came in a pedestal cab at least has there been pedestal cabs in arcades I vaguely remember seeing one in the times square arcade in the 00s (I miss those 2 arcades in time sq) but they also had shady stuff that looked like hyperspin cabs

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Have there ever been "pedestal Arcades" in the wild?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 01:31:08 pm »
most of the 09-15 Golden tee games are pedestal cabinets, and all the new ones are too. (where the operator supplies their own monitor.)

back in the day dynamo had a "universal" 32" pedestal cabinet...and you could literally put any game into it.

most of the pedestals you see these days are DIY units because you can literally make them out of a single sheet of material, where a regular upright cabinet might take 3.