Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona 3 and Sega rally 3 + Logitech driving GT = strange behavior  (Read 2024 times)

jfs9999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2023, 03:18:44 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello everybody,

Strange behavior with my logitech driving GT on Daytona 3 using teknoparrot + FFB pluggin.

The wheel is moving continiously ( from right to left)  even in straight line!!

Please look at the video when the race is starting. We can see that the wheel is moving wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Nrw4tRPE5Vc

I don't understand what's wrong. All the others teknoparrot racing games are working well.

Edit : same thing with sega rally 3 !!! i don't understand. All the others games are fine.

Need help please..

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 06:10:38 am by jfs9999 »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Daytona 3 and Sega rally 3 + Logitech driving GT = strange behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 09:44:04 pm »
Hmmm, i was using a Griving Force GT on SR3 for a while, no problems here. You have the logitech software installed? when you bring it up, is the wheel properly centered when at rest? I would also make sure the wheel is set to 270 degrees for testing as that's probably easiest. And then try changing the force spring setting and see if that makes a difference.

I've seen something vaguely similar happen in some games when you turn the wheel gently one way, and it kinda kicks back and forth across centre gently. Is that the issue? If it's big enough to be a problem, or too sensitive for you to hold the wheel on center to stop that effect, maybe you could try adjusting the deadzone somewhere. In TP it's called Stooz zone, and you should try setting it in the logitech profiler and also the FFB plugin ini (if possible). Maybe some combination of factors would help.

jfs9999

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 04:11:41 am »
Thanks for reply!
Yes i have logitech software installed with 270° set.

SR3 and daytona were fine before i ve updated teknoparrot to the last version.

I ve rollback to the older version (before update) and surprising, the issue was always here.... Very strange.

As you can see in the video, the wheel is moving on its own .

Stooz zone seems to be for joypad only, not for wheel. 

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 07:07:13 am »
From the vid i would guess it's a centering issue or a deadzone issue, that's about all i've got :/

jfs9999

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 11:05:39 am »
Is there a way to adjust centering in daytona 3 ans SR 3 ?

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 08:17:58 pm »
i meant windows calibration and deadzone, though i'm sure the profiler will let you set that last as well.

SR3 doesn't have a service menu. There are steering (and pedal) settings for left and right in the shelldata/shelldata.ini file, full range seems to be 0-255, but nothing for center or deadzone.

I don't have Daytona 3 setup so i don't know anything about that one.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 07:12:26 pm by buttersoft »

bsoder52

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 08:57:04 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 05:02:47 pm »
I'm just getting started with TechnoParrot and installed Daytona 3. I can get the controls to calibrate, but the gameplay seems slow. I don't see anywhere to adjust the screen resolution setting which is proly the issue? Thanks for any help. :)

ohh and im running a dell optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.41 GHz 16GB 740 Nvidia GPU
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 05:04:23 pm by bsoder52 »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 08:18:02 pm »
I'm just getting started with TechnoParrot and installed Daytona 3. I can get the controls to calibrate, but the gameplay seems slow. I don't see anywhere to adjust the screen resolution setting which is proly the issue? Thanks for any help. :)

ohh and im running a dell optiplex Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz   3.41 GHz 16GB 740 Nvidia GPU

IS the game running at 60fps? Have you got a framerate visible? Your Nvidia drivers might have one built-in. Or you can use something like RTSS to show one. RTSS is also good to help throttle and unthrottle games among other things.