Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Age old question: Take this free Jukebox? Rowe / AMI Tropicana JBM-200  (Read 935 times)

a_gunslinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2022, 06:29:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Someone moving and needs Jukebox out of basement (age-old dilemma).  Places like 1-800-JUNK wont do it.  Closing today and they told buyer they will try to remove, if not, it will be there when they move in.

Rowe / AMI  Tropicana JBM-200

Pretty complete/clean.

Story is it fires up, places record (but too forcefully), sometime selector doesnt work.  They have no reason to lie to me (wife's friend).

New homeowner said he will dismantle and pitch. 

That idea kills me on some level ;^)

I would need to dismantle to even dolly it out.

Is this a rabbit hole I dont want to go down?  Parts have value?  Not necessarily to make money but could they help someone?  I think I read that the parts are hard to find.

Do it, or run and run now?

Thanks for any input.  Have to make decision fast.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 06:04:31 pm by a_gunslinger »