Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: IPAC 2 questions on configuring and hardware, Neo Geo etc.  (Read 690 times)

DaveC1964

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2022, 11:48:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
IPAC 2 questions on configuring and hardware, Neo Geo etc.
« on: July 20, 2022, 01:14:35 am »
I have an ipac2 board connected to PC in arcade cab.  First I want to assign the "ESC" key, can it be assigned to any of the button inputs that are unused for the game controls?  I want to use a dedicated hardware button for ESC, not shift function.

I also want to add DB-15 ports where I can optionally connect NeoGeo joysticks.  I know I can just add the functions in parallel because they are just switches.   The Neo CD controller requires 5V to work though.  Can I just route the 5V and GND from the ipac 2 (found in the trackball section of the board) to power the Neo CD pad using the usual Neo mapped pins on the DB 15?  Will using those for the Neo CD controller short out the ipac 2 or is it made to handle things like that?  I don't want to blow the board if the Neo CD pad draws too many amps or something.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 01:16:24 am by DaveC1964 »

gamer83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2022, 05:50:54 pm
Re: IPAC 2 questions on configuring and hardware, Neo Geo etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 05:13:09 pm »
You can do that pretty easily, just open up the ipac configuration app and set ESC to the button you want and delete the 1p + 2p shift function. As for the power source,  I would just draw the 5v from your PC power supply.