Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Component style jukebox build?  (Read 1313 times)

Zakk

• Gosh, that's a real nice... ooh look, a penny! -- That Zakk is Just Mean
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:35:42 pm
Component style jukebox build?
« on: July 17, 2022, 02:07:14 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has done something like this, or similar electronics...
I have an amplifier running some big EV speakers out on the deck. Where I'm at, the purpose is twofold: One is background music for guests, and the second is for scaring off bears/cougars. Mountain lions do not like heavy metal...kind of an odd thing but I can confirm it.

So I'm looking to build a component-looking music server, doesn't need amplification just stereo line out, but I'd like to have some sort of touchscreen/tablet for remote selection of music and volume.

Animals keep getting into the garden/yard, and the speakers do scare them off, but takes too long to get a song going the way I have it set up now.

Just wondering if anyone would have a good component starting point, I can always find/build a nice stereo component cabinet, but no idea what the best interface/hardware is anymore :)
Back for nostalgia, based on nostalgia.

Zakk

• Offline Offline
Re: Component style jukebox build?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 03:52:58 pm »
My initial concept, and likely contrary to copyright laws, is below. I always liked the look of the 80's alpine car decks, and with resin I'm sure I could reproduce the clear buttons, then it's a matter of making a housing for them in front of momentary switches, and finding the right RGB combination to light them (or make the lighting adjustable).  The center screen would be a simple 3.5" display, something cheap off aliexpress.

Zakk

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 07:36:44 pm »
Okay, I'll figure it out. Thanks anyway.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:01:12 am
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 11:23:25 pm »
Not exactly clear what you want to do.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get a tablet and connect via bluetooth to amp/speakers?

You want to scare large animals away - have you considered rigging up a motion sensor to start up the amp/music?

You could link that with a 555 timer to limit how long the music keeps playing
Check out my completed projects!