Main > Project Announcements

I know what you're thinking... Missile Command- multi-sync, multi-panel

(1/8) > >>

bobbyb13:
-And you're probably right.

So I've been wanting another MAME box since I gave my first attempt at this flavor of cabinet build to my buddy for his surf shop.

I had the whole swappable panel thing working but the panel shape did not lend itself to use on other cabinets also.- which I wanted to be possible.

Having things fit well in the loft based on the roof/knee wall bit kinda sucks, so the height and shape of cabinets is pretty important.
Missile Command was a favorite way back when (although I know I played it more on my 2600 than in an arcade) and the cabinet is not just unique but really suited to my space.

This is a fairly faithful homage (apart from width and tube size) so hopefully nobody gets too nauseated.

I've been planning this one for awhile and had it layed out on graph paper 3 times already but it is far and away my fastest build as I sketched the outline last night and I can paint it tomorrow I think.

A square and protractor make this so fast now it is silly.  The Appleton's doesn't hurt either.

It is irritating to see just how bad material has gotten recently.
One of the sheets was so out of square that tt took me longer to clean it up than it did to cut the whole thing out.

I have taken to using 2x2 for framing stability and it is plenty with some glue and 2" screws.
One can not own too mant clamps.

A bevel square and the adjustable protractor make getting cuts angled properly stupid easy.

1" rips of ply with glue and brad nails for panel support/bracing and things just fly together now.

I had great luck with a VGA multi-sync the last time I tried this so I am going to use this Kortek for this one too.

I got so far that I stayed up later than I should have- but I got the tube dry fit!

Bed time-

Mike A:
You are an animal.

Keep it coming.

Zebidee:
Wow. I go to sleep, you build a cab. Amazing  :o

javeryh:
I’m speechless.  I check the forums and every day you have built a new cab.  Love it.

yotsuya:
Looking good, I love my Missile Command.

What will you be using using for controls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version