Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: H Sync issue  (Read 887 times)

mikew72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2023, 04:55:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
H Sync issue
« on: July 08, 2022, 11:05:34 am »
I have a JAMMA cabinet with a 25" intervideo standard resolution monitor in it.

When first powered up, the horizontal sync always needs adjusting to get a stable picture.  Once adjusted, the image is fine until turned off and left for a while.  Next time it's turned back on it will need adjusting again.

I've tried it with my NEOGEO, a PC/JPAC and a Pacman clone JAMMA board.  It's the same on all so I'm fairly confident it's an issue with the monitor, though I can't rule out the JAMMA harness.

The monitor dates from 1992 so I was thinking of giving it a recap, but I was also wondering if the potentiometer on the adjustment board may need replacing too?

Mike

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:53:34 am
Re: H Sync issue
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 11:47:54 am »
wise to do all you mentioned, check for bad solder joints as well

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:08:24 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: H Sync issue
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 12:27:21 pm »
I have a JAMMA cabinet with a 25" intervideo standard resolution monitor in it.

but I was also wondering if the potentiometer on the adjustment board may need replacing too?

Mike

Mark the position of the pot. Squirt it with deoxit. Turn it back and forth a bunch to clean it out. Fire the monitor back up and see if that helps.