Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hantarex MTC 9000 Clone yoke/rotation problem  (Read 923 times)

CHRIS-F

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
Hantarex MTC 9000 Clone yoke/rotation problem
« on: July 05, 2022, 12:56:12 pm »
Hi All,

I noticed a problem with my image the screen seemed to be rotated slightly a degree or two. A friend suggested loosening the screw and rotating the yoke.

You can see the image is missing slightly top left, similarly the bottom right is slightly higher up than the left.

Firstly, how dangerous is it to touch that yoke (not the coil just the plastic) whilst it's powered on, do i need to wear some sort of rubber gloves and is it o.k. to use two hands, it scares the living daylights out of me, i loosened the screw and it was stuck at first, i wiggled it about a bot and now it moves but I'm not happy about touching it, I keep powering off wait a min then move it power back on, I messed it up quite a bit at first it was way off, but after moving it about for about half hour it looks o.k. not perfect though, is there an easy method to set it straight and centred left to right and is it necessary to keep powering off, not sure i have the courage to adjust it whilst it's powered on.

Thanks,
Chris.

A second related question, is there a pattern generator or tester of some sort available cheaply in the U.K. that i can get to help align it?

CHRIS-F

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
Re: Hantarex MTC 9000 Clone yoke/rotation problem
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 10:45:10 am »
As i'm out of my depth here, I decided not to touch the deflection yoke whilst powered on, but i did power off  loosen the screw and then re align the yoke as best i could.

The first image is after i loosened the screw i powered up to see what it was like, then powered off again centred it and got is as straight as i could, i then partly tightened the screw but left it loos enough to rotate, I left it powered on then and used a long thin piece of wood (similar to dowel) to rest against the monitor frame and gently rotate the yoke using a little sticky out piece, it's not perfect and the image looks a bit odd because of the angle i took it from, but it's pretty well centred and straight looking, I'm well happy with it.

The thing is though i think i could get it even better if i had a test pattern with a grid, I think i may have some kind of linearity problem too as the right hand border is always a bit smaller than the right, if i use the horizontal phase pot to move the image i can move a bit of the left border off screen and then widen the image slightly to make it look good, but then the right hand side of the image doesn't scan right to the edge i get a tiny black area.

what do you guys use for a test pattern in these modern times? looking for a cheap solution.

Thanks.
Chris.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Hantarex MTC 9000 Clone yoke/rotation problem
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 02:39:28 pm »
i use whatever boad happens to be in the machine to test the monitor.

if it's out, i just hook it up to a computer and use ezio monitor test.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/eizo_monitortest.html