Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: YM2413 missing rom  (Read 4106 times)

CHRIS-F

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
YM2413 missing rom
« on: July 04, 2022, 12:43:40 pm »
Hi All,

Sorry if this isn't in the right section, not really sure what section it belongs in.

I installed MAME on Lubuntu on an old laptop for my kids, I don't want to dump a full romset as they only play a few games, one of the games they want to play is Super Pang, we also have a bootleg PBC in our JAMMA cabinet. the thing is when we try to run SPANG we get an error saying YM2413-instuments.bin is missing, obviously i know we need the required file, but i can't find it. the weird thing is I have an older version of MAME on my PC and it just works so i'm assuming i have the YM sound chip.bin in my romset, but ive searched for it to transfer over, but cannot find it.

Any ideas where ity may be located within my mame roms?

Thanks,
Chris.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:12:27 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: YM2413 missing rom
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 03:17:10 pm »
when we try to run SPANG we get an error saying YM2413-instuments.bin is missing, obviously i know we need the required file, but i can't find it. the weird thing is I have an older version of MAME on my PC and it just works so i'm assuming i have the YM sound chip.bin in my romset, but ive searched for it to transfer over, but cannot find it.

Any ideas where ity may be located within my mame roms?
The YM2413 (Yamaha 2413) sound device driver was moved to it's own zip file several years ago.

To find which files are needed to run Super Pang with the version of MAME you're using, check the "adb.arcadeitalia.net" listing.
http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=spang

Scroll down to the "Files" section and click on "Show Mame required files".

The file you're looking for is "YM2413.zip".
- The "ym2413-instuments.bin" file is in "YM2413.zip".   :cheers:

Scott

CHRIS-F

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 06:59:12 am
  • I always have screws left over after repairs :-)
Re: YM2413 missing rom
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 12:25:30 pm »

The YM2413 (Yamaha 2413) sound device driver was moved to it's own zip file several years ago.

To find which files are needed to run Super Pang with the version of MAME you're using, check the "adb.arcadeitalia.net" listing.
http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=spang

Scroll down to the "Files" section and click on "Show Mame required files".

The file you're looking for is "YM2413.zip".
- The "ym2413-instuments.bin" file is in "YM2413.zip".   :cheers:

Scott

Thanks Scott,
Much appreciated :-)

I had a look on the link and the YM2413.zip was needed for Super Pang from version 0.149 onwards, the weird thing is i have version 0.152 on my PC and Super Pang just works, I expected the file to be somewhere in my roms folder, but I searched my roms for *ym2413 and i don't have it anywhere, it's a mystery how it works but it does, I eventually found a copy of it online.

Thanks again.
Chris.