Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Can I use a 19" monitor with all the stock components?

(1/2) > >>

wbassett:
Hey everyone, it's been forever since I've been here...  LOTS has changed in the arcade community since I was here.

Anyway, I too caught the Arcade1up fever.  I still have my full size cab (after two moves, I have to put it back together though).  What attracted me to these little guys was just that... their size.  My full size weighs 180lbs empty!  Plus it is BIG.  I know the Arcade1Ups don't have the best controls, but part of the fun is upgrading and these seem great to introduce kids to the hobby :)

Anyway, I did do a search but didn't find what I was looking for so thought I'd ask.  Can the 19" monitor upgrade sold by Arcademodup be used with the existing PCB?  Eventually I will upgrade to a PC and go the full route, but for now I'd just like to get a bigger monitor in and some upgraded controls.  I think the answer to this is going to be 'No', or 'Yes but it's not easy', but I thought I'd at least ask.

leapinlew:
I haven't spent a lot of time trying to reuse the PCB's, but I've seen people upgrading their monitors and keeping the stock PCB's.

leapinlew:
I have 4 of these units, and their size is the big selling point for me too. Moving them around is super easy and play the stand up cabinets are very much the same feeling as my full size cabinets.

wbassett:
Thanks LeapinLew.  I actually did find that video but it said something about only working with Gen 1 units? 

My 'big guy' has a full set of games, pretty much you name it and the console and it's there.  I know I'll end up modding these guys too, but for now I just plan on new sticks and buttons and bigger monitor.  I just got my two and have to set them up.  I went ahead and ordered upgrade springs for the Mortal Combat (real quick and real inexpensive so figured why not while I figure out exactly what I want to put in them).

(I really doubt it 'feels like a $1000 machine, but hey the springs and gates were less than $10 so I figured why not?)

leapinlew:
The monitor is one piece. There is the encoder, power switch and volume switch too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version