Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How do I change Ultimarc Mini-pac to gamepad mode...?  (Read 955 times)

FormulaFox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 02:14:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How do I change Ultimarc Mini-pac to gamepad mode...?
« on: June 23, 2022, 06:53:23 pm »
Hello. As the the title indicates, I have recently set up an Ultimarc Mini-Pac encoder on my arcade cabinet. While it works fairly well in Keyboard mode, this mode does produce some headaches when trying to map everything effectively with Steam games(mainly the fact that most Steam games won't let you remap keyboard menu controls, which vary greatly from game to game).

As I understand things, the Mini-pac SHOULD be able to switch to a gamepad mode, but what little info I can find has proven fruitless(hold the START1 and 1player buttons 1-5 for ten seconds in the WinIPAC utility is the only thing I saw, and it did nothing). Does anyone here have any more specific knowledge that would be helpful here?

Now, before anybody suggests programs like X360CE or other programs that translate keyboard inputs to gamepad inputs, understand that I am already fully aware of such programs. I am seeking to keep the number of programs that need to be running on my system to a minimum, however, thus my inquiry here. If this is my only choice, then so be it - but if the Mini-pac can be switched to gamepad mode(and it works sufficiently), I would much prefer it.

EDIT: I made another attempt to follow the directions I had already found and it actually worked this time(I suspect I have either a loose wire or dying microswitch on one of the main buttons), but now I have a new problem: It is stuck in DInput mode and the WinIPAC utility is now again not doing as intended when holding the appropriate buttons(even after checking the wire and swapping the microswitch for a known good one)

EDIT2: Okay, after shutting the system down and taking some time to relax after all the work rewiring and setting it up, I booted the system back up, and...WinIPAC was Xinput mode. Wat. I'd....still like some insight of anyone has some to give, as I am very confuzzled at this point. I will be experimenting with my setups on this tomorrow(I've had enough tinkering today).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:38:00 pm by FormulaFox »

bollwerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2023, 08:27:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: How do I change Ultimarc Mini-pac to gamepad mode...?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 04:26:05 pm »
Did you already try reaching out to Andy at Ultimarc? He is usually super helpful.