Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help needed with Arcadevga card and WG9200  (Read 813 times)

Squizzy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2022, 01:39:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help needed with Arcadevga card and WG9200
« on: June 18, 2022, 06:52:27 am »
 Hello

First time poster.
I have had my arcade mame cabinet fro many years and finally the HDD decided to no longer work.
 The old pc I feel is now longer useful to use again with a new HDD as it has the original ArcadeVGA APG card and next thing to go wrong will be t he MB.

So I was looking around for an ArcadeVGA pci 5000 card, but these are no longer available.  :(
So what do I do now to get full use with the WG9200 monitor  and mame? from memory the Monitor will do 15/25/31KHZ
 So it was good for SF and MK etc

Thanks

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:14:46 am
Re: Help needed with Arcadevga card and WG9200
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 01:15:35 pm »
Get an older ATI/AMD/Radeon video card and install CRT_emudriver + Groovymame. Or Groovyarcade, at least to get you going with your new system.

Check out the stickied threads on the Groovymame branch of this forum :D

If you decide to replace the HDD in old system, suggest you get an SSD instead.
Check out my completed projects!