Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Firefly eBay find

<< < (4/4)

mahkeymike:

--- Quote from: Megatouchmike on July 08, 2022, 07:04:02 am ---
--- Quote from: MasterOfNone on July 07, 2022, 12:16:19 am ---I'm still in need of hardcore chip-level motherboard t-shooting and repair for a heat-damaged Firefly (Portwell ATOM N270 with some pretty unique elements), but I'm doubting there's anyone on earth willing or able. It's in nice shape otherwise though. Maybe someday...

--- End quote ---

Might not have to worry about this once i release my new kernel that will let the games run on a much wider range of hardware....stick PCs....mini PCs....all in ones.... More to come

--- End quote ---

Stick PC's would be great, but we need to figure out the docking station interface and how it charges the Lithium-Ion Battery. Other then that, i dont see any other hardware compatibility issue.

arcadezz:

--- Quote from: MasterOfNone on July 07, 2022, 12:16:19 am ---I'm still in need of hardcore chip-level motherboard t-shooting and repair for a heat-damaged Firefly (Portwell ATOM N270 with some pretty unique elements), but I'm doubting there's anyone on earth willing or able. It's in nice shape otherwise though. Maybe someday...

--- End quote ---

Might not have to worry about this once i release my new kernel that will let the games run on a much wider range of hardware....stick PCs....mini PCs....all in ones.... More to come

--- End quote ---

Hello, Any idea when this new kernel will be available/released? Thanks.

mahkeymike:

--- Quote from: arcadezz on August 07, 2022, 03:27:44 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

For obvious reasons, it will most likely be locked down to firefly hardware. Meaning it will only work with a Firefly touchscreen, docking station, and firefly ioboard/key.

Megatouchmike:

--- Quote from: arcadezz on August 07, 2022, 03:27:44 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

We're going to have to keep it locked down in some way. There's a guy that flagrantly sells PCs with cracked megatouch software. They look like the emachines Walmart used to sell in like the mid 00's lol

Anyway what I'm saying is we don't want the image getting in the wrong hands

I've got an ion Evo in the shop right now with a bad mobo and touchscreen. Hoping to have the new kernel running on it some time this week. Will get some pics up if I get it going

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version