Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I just bought 2 JVL systems, updates on 3 machines 4/22  (Read 7842 times)

game_nerd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 03:11:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: I just bought 2 JVL systems, updates on 3 machines 4/22
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2022, 08:03:23 am »
Is anyone aware of a method to clear that? I'd have thought removing both batteries would clear it, but no dice. I wonder if it's stored in the software somewhere on the sd card.

I thought you reimaged it with my HD2 image? That would have wiped the SD card. I wish i could give you more info, but ive had at least 10 encores and fixed probably another 10 and never had one that required an operator pin.

I have not yet, I thought that 2nd one may have a bad image on it initially, but it works ok now. I will probably end up reimaging them both, just was holding off to see if I could remove this pin, didn't know if it was stored in memory on the SD card, or some other chip. Whoever owned these things previously put a pin on them, and I don't want to reimage them only to still have the pin there.
all of you guys have been a ton of help, it's all much appreciated. I think I'll try and reimage one this weekend and see what happens. They could use new SD cards anyway I'm sure

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2022, 08:07:26 am »
I have itouch 8 and 11 iso's if you want.
I'd love to get them, pm sent to you

mahkeymike

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:05:53 pm
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2022, 09:47:23 pm »
Is anyone aware of a method to clear that? I'd have thought removing both batteries would clear it, but no dice. I wonder if it's stored in the software somewhere on the sd card.

I thought you reimaged it with my HD2 image? That would have wiped the SD card. I wish i could give you more info, but ive had at least 10 encores and fixed probably another 10 and never had one that required an operator pin.

I have not yet, I thought that 2nd one may have a bad image on it initially, but it works ok now. I will probably end up reimaging them both, just was holding off to see if I could remove this pin, didn't know if it was stored in memory on the SD card, or some other chip. Whoever owned these things previously put a pin on them, and I don't want to reimage them only to still have the pin there.
all of you guys have been a ton of help, it's all much appreciated. I think I'll try and reimage one this weekend and see what happens. They could use new SD cards anyway I'm sure

Well, if its stored in the ioboard eeprom as megatouchmike suggested, then reimaging won't do any good. Sounds like you need someone to dump their ioboard eeprom and flash yours. Are you located in the US?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 09:49:43 pm by mahkeymike »

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:04:32 am
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2022, 11:02:19 pm »
Said it twice already and op wants to mess around with ISOs and images.

It's fine, will be a great learning experience

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2022, 01:12:46 am »
Said it twice already and op wants to mess around with ISOs and images.

It's fine, will be a great learning experience

Don't get the wrong idea, I know it was suggested to remove the battery from the io board to clear it, but that didn't work. There's not many eproms on that little board, but I'm not equipped to dump them.

I wanted images for several older vortex machines I have that work, just would like to get them up and running... also figured it wouldn't hurt to have the hd2/3 images for availability down the road, and I though both these encore could use new images with new sd cards, just because it looks like they're both running the original no name ones they came with.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2022, 01:14:47 am »

Well, if its stored in the ioboard eeprom as megatouchmike suggested, then reimaging won't do any good. Sounds like you need someone to dump their ioboard eeprom and flash yours. Are you located in the US?

Yeah I'm in the eastern time zone, WV to be precise. I'm not equipped to dump eeproms, and unfortunately don't know anyone with the know how to do it either.

mahkeymike

• Online Online
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2022, 09:57:49 am »

Yeah I'm in the eastern time zone, WV to be precise. I'm not equipped to dump eeproms, and unfortunately don't know anyone with the know how to do it either.

Im in PA, I'll take the ioboard out of my Encore and see what eeprom it uses, most likely my eeprom programmer supports the chip.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2022, 10:52:08 am »
Ah so you're not far from me most likely. I'm in the panhandle, so pretty close by.
Did what I posted earlier make sense?
I just wanted images for archival/reuse if needed, also wanted to put fresh cards and images in both my encores and vortexes, since they appear to have originals.
 I wasn't ignoring what you said and hoping reimage would clear the operator pins, just refitting and hopefully have these things last for years.  I had hoped the batteries would clear the pins, but no dice with that.

mahkeymike

• Online Online
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2022, 08:11:39 pm »
I thought you were looking to have your ioboard fixed.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2022, 08:13:27 pm »
I thought you were looking to have your ioboard fixed.

well they're not broken per se, just that operator pin is keeping me from changing what's available at what times, etc.
by fixed do you mean pin cleared? if that's the case then yes. If fixed as in unworking, they do work.