Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee 2021 not working  (Read 1423 times)

Hozz76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2022, 12:10:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden Tee 2021 not working
« on: June 13, 2022, 08:43:41 pm »
I have a golden tee 2021 machine that I bought that used to be in a bar. It worked perfectly for several weeks after I got it, then weirdness started. If you would hit the ball too hard, the machine would reboot itself. It did that for a few rounds, but the quit altogether.

It turns on, fan runs (so doubting power supply issue) there is no video, the motherboard never beeps, and the button lights never flash as though it is trying to boot. I took the RAM out to see if i could get it to beep that it was missing memory, but never beeped there either.

My suspicion is that it’s a fried motherboard. Anyone seen this scenario or have thoughts on something different?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Golden Tee 2021 not working
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 01:15:33 pm »
try and reset the cmos by removing the battery and jumping the jumper to the appropriate pins to start.

ive had a couple mobos bios chips go bad this last couple years necessitating a removal of the IC and reprograming the bios bin to a new one (using a ch3414a programmer and standard intel bios bin.)

thelanranger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2022, 07:24:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 04:47:07 pm »
The system in those is just a PC with some addon hardware. More often than not if you have an issue like that the first thing to look at is power. I would pick up an ATX power supply and try replacing that before you do anything more complicated.
I just got a silver strike cabinet and the setup of connecting a 4 pin ATX power through a daughterboard off the motherboard to power the IO is IMMENSELY stupid. This just SCREAMS 'imminent failure' to me and pretty much everything related to arcade machines that I have touched thus far has absolutely ridiculous power supply configurations.
Poor power will make an IC do all kinds of weird things. Clean up all the wiring, make sure your grounds are tight, replace the PC power supply, test it again. If you still have issues move on to components.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 05:03:05 pm »
Poor power will make an IC do all kinds of weird things. Clean up all the wiring, make sure your grounds are tight, replace the PC power supply, test it again. If you still have issues move on to components.

it's not so so bad on those IO boards, typically in these IO boards and in the BBHpro IO boards, the first thing the 5v power does is used to power a LDO linear regulator... its regulated down to 3.3v or 1.2v for the mail FPGA chip power. the raw 5v and 12v is usually used to power audio amps and user lights and whatnot where the power really doesn't matter if it's off a bit.