Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

MAME netplay

(1/3) > >>

anchounio:
In order to run 2 player/screen games in my LAN, such as F1 Exhaust Note or World Rally 2, I think the best solution would be to use a server/client app with MAME. It seems this is not integrated in MAME natively and the apps that do this are very very old, like Kaillera or ClientServerMAME.

Is there any newer application or method for doing this?

buttersoft:
I'm not aware of any newer options for MAME myself, maybe look into what the FGC uses for SF2 or games like that. I must admit to being slightly miffed by the request though. If the PCB's were built to link up, why would you want to use netplay over LAN, why not just link the two instances directly?

Also, does F1 Exhaust Note link? I thought only its sequel F1 Super Lap did! I must go check that one out.

anchounio:

--- Quote from: buttersoft on May 15, 2022, 07:08:21 pm ---I'm not aware of any newer options for MAME myself, maybe look into what the FGC uses for SF2 or games like that. I must admit to being slightly miffed by the request though. If the PCB's were built to link up, why would you want to use netplay over LAN, why not just link the two instances directly?

Also, does F1 Exhaust Note link? I thought only its sequel F1 Super Lap did! I must go check that one out.

--- End quote ---

Neither f1 exhaust note nor world rally 2 link. They run a 2 player game mode using 2 monitors. MAME show 2 game screens. The games were made to allow a maximum of 2 players. It is similar to OutRunners but with no link posibilities.

Fightcade uses Final Burn Neo. I've tested it, it runs world rally 2 and f1 exhaust note but it only allows to disable player2 screen, not player1, so it wouldn't be a solution for me.

Right now I'm trying to build mamehub, which seems to be a sucessor to kaillera and ClientServerMame:

https://github.com/MisterTea/MAMEHub

buttersoft:
Ahh, that makes more sense :)

And sorry, i haven't looked at Netplay much, so i can't help with that.

anchounio:
Don't worry. Your help is always appreciated  ;)

If I'm succesful with mamehub I'll report my results here, as well as a guide to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version