Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Adding art to already built panel  (Read 1822 times)

steelermame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:47:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Adding art to already built panel
« on: May 15, 2022, 11:27:36 am »
I have an older control panel and this cp never had graphics/artwork. I’d like to add an overlay to this panel, but I don’t have a photoshop template of the button placements.  Do I need that?  What’s the best way to accomplish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaywv1981

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 10:14:07 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Adding art to already built panel
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 02:00:55 pm »
If you had a photoshop template you could use it to design the art you want and then send to a vendor to have an overlay UV printed on either acrylic or aluminum.  Then once you get it from them drill holes in it for the buttons/sticks.   Since you don't have one you'd have to do all the measurements manually.  If you need help with it let me know.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:02:32 pm by jaywv1981 »