Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is anyone making accurate Midway cocktail kits?  (Read 933 times)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:48:35 am
Is anyone making accurate Midway cocktail kits?
« on: May 13, 2022, 01:48:49 pm »
Arcadeshop has been OOS forever and I don't know where else to look. I want an exact (as possible) Midway replica (for Ms. Pac-Man) and most other cocktail kits I've seen aren't even close. Ideally it would be a flatpack that I'd assemble myself.

I've thought about building from scratch but I don't think I want to take on a project that big this summer (maybe).  I haven't been able to find an original to restore either plus they are super expensive these days and then I'd basically have to double that for parts...

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:47:52 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Is anyone making accurate Midway cocktail kits?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 01:54:13 pm »
I tried poking around and I couldn't find anything for you.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 04:04:30 pm »
I tried poking around and I couldn't find anything for you.

Thanks.  Best I can find is someone on eBay selling them for $750... basically empty.  A little too steep for me.  There's a Yestercades in town I may hit up over the weekend and see if I can talk to the manager there.  Maybe he has one to sell or at least has a lead.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:59:19 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 01:40:32 am »
i don't know if you are going to find a truly acurate midway cabinet, as the corners are kinda designed weird with the rounded edges that would have to be custom milled, slotted and the pieces glued together. doesn't really make a good flatpack.

this is probably why the kits you are finding have just straight up butt joints and don't look much like the midway.

javeryh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 11:27:14 am »
i don't know if you are going to find a truly acurate midway cabinet, as the corners are kinda designed weird with the rounded edges that would have to be custom milled, slotted and the pieces glued together. doesn't really make a good flatpack.

this is probably why the kits you are finding have just straight up butt joints and don't look much like the midway.

Good point... but were all of them made that way?  Looking around online I see both rounded corners and overlapping panels.