Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HyperSpin/RocketLauncher hiding keypresses from MAME emulator  (Read 1157 times)

JV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 04:41:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi

I have a cab thats running hyperspin with a miniIPAC & a USB keyboard and everything was working just fine.

I decided to upgrade to Mame 243 this week. I updated mame successfully and everything was working okay.

I started updating the keyboard configurations in mame & HyperSpin to get the controls just right

Unfortunately, after I was done I noticed a problem that now when I launch any emulator (SNES/MAME/etc) from hyperspin - keys presses are sporadically not registering within the emulator that's running.

When I either
1. Use Windows Task Manager to kill the Hyperspin process and tab back into the emulator - all keypresses register
2. Disconnect the USB Keyboard - all keypresses register

I think I have mis-configured something in HyperSpin/RocketLauncher that is causing a conflict with the USB Keyboard & miniIPAC that effectively 'hides' keypresses from the emulators. I remember changing multiple cfg/ini files while upgrading to MAME 0.243 but I cant find the problem.

Would anybody have ideas on how I can debug/fix this issue?

JV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 17, 2022, 04:41:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: HyperSpin/RocketLauncher hiding keypresses from MAME emulator
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 04:41:41 pm »
So I found a solution to my problem, just putting it here in case anybody else has the same issue.

My solution was in RocketLauncherUI on Global -> Main Settings tab -> Mark 'Suspend Frontend' as true.

This fixed my issue across all my emulators.