Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Naomi CRT Swap issue

<< < (2/6) > >>

ID4:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on May 06, 2022, 02:31:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: ID4 on May 06, 2022, 02:13:43 am ---If not, why if I move the yoke all the way back, the circle that appears on the screen is moved to the left?

--- End quote ---

because you are affecting the election beam before it has a chance to begin accelerating from the guns. you are probably deflecting particles or making them emit from someplace they aren't supposed to by yanking them out with the magnetic field from the yoke.

the degauss coil on the outside of the tube is good enough to remove a small residual field, but not powerful enough to realign it. you will need to buy/borrow/steal/pay someone to do it with a specific device. you can buy cheapy ones off ebay for like 20 bucks... i dont know how good those are. probably worth a try though. i have a huge industrial type degauss coil (about 14 inches in diameter) for doing CRT's.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/393969713049?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818143230%26meid%3Dcf59e465cdf44a3bb58156e13c270003%26pid%3D101224%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D165009205054%26itm%3D393969713049%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DDefaultOrganicWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1

plug it in, power on the monitor... move in close to the front of the screen, turn it on an wave it around in a circle around the outside of the face as you move  backwards... 1 circle..move back a little...one more...move back... till you are hardly affecting the screen...youll be about 2 or 3 feet away then turn it off.

--- End quote ---

Hi!

I have already ordened one of these form aliexpress (11,90 €):

I have also built a degauss coil taking it from a 25' dead tube.

I will try it and and comment how it was.

Thanks you a lot for your help  :cheers:

ID4:

--- Quote from: Zebidee on May 08, 2022, 03:44:15 am ---I have a couple of those cheap degaussing wands and they work fine.

Word of warning - don't operate them continuously for more than about 10 seconds or so. They will get quite warm and if you leave it on it will start to melt the casing.

If that doesn't work, it may be possible that you need to use some color purity rings with that philips tube/toshiba yoke combo.

--- End quote ---

Hi!

Ok thanks, I will use it carefully. I can get some complete magnetic rings kit form 28' CRTs that I have in storage.

Thanks!

;)

ID4:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on May 06, 2022, 02:31:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: ID4 on May 06, 2022, 02:13:43 am ---If not, why if I move the yoke all the way back, the circle that appears on the screen is moved to the left?

--- End quote ---

the degauss coil on the outside of the tube is good enough to remove a small residual field, but not powerful enough to realign it. you will need to buy/borrow/steal/pay someone to do it with a specific device. you can buy cheapy ones off ebay for like 20 bucks... i dont know how good those are. probably worth a try though. i have a huge industrial type degauss coil (about 14 inches in diameter) for doing CRT's.

--- End quote ---

Hi!

Have tried the made by me degauss coil, no result the spots still there. The effect it produced in the screen is like the cabinet degauss coil, seems low powered.

:-[ Waiting for the Aliexpress one.

lilshawn:
Unfortunately, you cant just twist an existing degauss coil into a loop like that, as you end up with parts of the coil tuning one direction and other parts of the loop turning in the opposite direction then when you try to use it. this is because the degauss loop (if you pull it out into it's biggest loop as it was), the wire goes in and then around 30 or 40 times then back out again with a magnetic field that goes in a direction on one side...and the "opposite" to the side facing you on the other. (see pic for a single wire representation of the coil wire magnetic field)  when you twist it into a smaller loop like that, you end up turning the other side of the loop back in the opposite direction back over itself...so, most of the magnetic field produced ends up running back in the opposite direction, canceling itself out. You would need to pull all the wire out and rewind it into a (smaller) continuous direction loop for it to work. (so that all the magnetic fields produced go in the correct direction.

ID4:

--- Quote from: lilshawn on May 10, 2022, 04:47:47 pm ---Unfortunately, you cant just twist an existing degauss coil into a loop like that, as you end up with parts of the coil tuning one direction and other parts of the loop turning in the opposite direction then when you try to use it. this is because the degauss loop (if you pull it out into it's biggest loop as it was), the wire goes in and then around 30 or 40 times then back out again with a magnetic field that goes in a direction on one side...and the "opposite" to the side facing you on the other. (see pic for a single wire representation of the coil wire magnetic field)  when you twist it into a smaller loop like that, you end up turning the other side of the loop back in the opposite direction back over itself...so, most of the magnetic field produced ends up running back in the opposite direction, canceling itself out. You would need to pull all the wire out and rewind it into a (smaller) continuous direction loop for it to work. (so that all the magnetic fields produced go in the correct direction.

--- End quote ---

Hi!

Woww what a explanation! thanks you a lot I will rewind it and try again! :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version