Main > Driving & Racing Cabinets

2 players LAN with Outrun 2 (teknoparrot). Help!

(1/4) > >>

anchounio:
Hi

I'm trying to prepare a LAN between 2 computers running Outrun 2 in teknoparrot. Outrun2 runs perfectly on both computers, but I'm unable to link them.
It seems everything is well configured, it even shows the message "connection has been established" but it ends up with the error message "cabinet setting is not coherent" on player 2 computer

Player 1 computer is configurated with:

ip: 192.168.0.1

subnet: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.0.5

DNS: 192.168.0.5
I've configured teknoparrot with the same parameters.

Player 2 computer config is:

ip: 192.168.0.2

subnet: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.0.5

DNS: 192.168.0.5

I've configured teknoparrot with the same parameters.

Player1 test menu config can be seen in the file lan1.jpg

Player2 test menu config can be seen in the file lan1.jpg

Any ideas ?
What am I missing?

buttersoft:
This is mine from cab2 (of 2). Only difference to cab1 settings is the link ID. Maybe try making both cabs SDX not DX? I'm also running a version of TP last updated about 6 months back, so maybe it's broken now?

anchounio:
Hi
Thx for your help
In my case it also fails in SDX.

What about yout network settings in each PC and in teknoparrot?

anchounio:
Hi
I exchanged the computers IP's and the error has mutated. The mentioned error message is no more. Now both PC's load the game, but one just closes to Windows (the one with ID1), the other (ID02) runs the game properly but it freezes in the first screen of the game, because the other (ID01) closed to windows and the synchronicity got lost.

I've made a video about it:

But now I have to figure out how to solve the other error.

anchounio:
I've solved it !!!

The problem in the closing computer was that teknoparrot was taking the integrated graphic card. It is a laptop with 2 graphic cards. An integrated intel and a good NVIDIA geforce. The curious thing is that the game had no problems to run like this in single player mode with the intel graphic card.  With the Nvidia control panel app I made it to run from the nvidia graphic card and now it runs with no problems in LAN :)
I guess the problem was that the intel card was not running vsync, which is require for the LAN to not lose synchronicity.

Now I'll try a 3 player LAN with a windows 7 computer I also have here.

UPDATED: I've found out that the "cabinet setting is not coherent" issue was caused by the same: the intel graphics card being used by Teknoparrot  :angry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version