Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Thoughts on converting an Arcade1up cabinet

<< < (2/7) > >>

PL1:

--- Quote from: Mike A on May 02, 2022, 10:17:59 am ---The first thing you need to do is figure out what games you want to play.

That decision will dictate everything else.

--- End quote ---
Very true.  That's why it's step 2 of the design process in the What type of build meets my needs? section of the FAQ.   :cheers:

The All Killer No Filler game lists are a great starting point for creating a personalized game list.   ;D

Scott
EDIT: Forgot to mention that if you want to play Defender there's a MAME LUA plugin that lets you use an 8-way stick to control your ship instead of a 2-way stick, "Reverse" button, and "Thrust" button.  Plugin requires MAME v0.227 or newer.
https://github.com/AaronBPaden/defenderlr

negative1:

--- Quote from: PL1 on May 01, 2022, 11:59:16 am ---
You might want to consider using a flat-pack kit like the ones produced by Haruman and laminated artwork -- unlike the cheap artwork on the A1up control panel that wears off unless you use a "deck protector".  :puke
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,130522.0.html

Scott

--- End quote ---

you're a couple of years behind on your comments.

they've fixed that issue years ago, and besides better quality, they always include plexiglass
protectors.

you might want to read from the posts of a few years back.

later

PL1:

--- Quote from: negative1 on May 03, 2022, 08:45:10 am ---
--- Quote from: PL1 on May 01, 2022, 11:59:16 am ---laminated artwork -- unlike the cheap artwork on the A1up control panel that wears off unless you use a "deck protector".  :puke

--- End quote ---
they've fixed that issue years ago, and besides better quality, they always include plexiglass protectors.

--- End quote ---
Glad to hear they've improved the quality of the artwork.

I figured they included the plexi because they still had the wear issues.   >:D   :lol

Scott

Gilrock:
I almost tripped over an Arcade1Up at ZapCon cause I was looking forward.

bobbyb13:

--- Quote from: Gilrock on May 03, 2022, 11:35:54 am ---I almost tripped over an Arcade1Up at ZapCon cause I was looking forward.

--- End quote ---

:laugh2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version