Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Thoughts on converting an Arcade1up cabinet

<< < (7/7)

bobbyb13:
Once you get a 'must have' game list down you can start thinking about controls and how that impacts what you want for a cabinet.

Less is more.

Yenome:

--- Quote from: Zebidee on May 04, 2022, 01:18:31 am ---Friend of mine I hadn't seen for a while proudly contacted me the other day. He was excited to enter the "arcade cab hobby" as he'd just bought an Arcade1up.

I'm not sure if that's quite enough for membership, but whatever, I smiled and congratulated him anyway. Then let him know that if he ever wanted to get an old CRT for the real arcade experience, I could help him with that.

--- End quote ---
I've got 4 dell new old stock crt think they 17" i didnt think to put one in the final fight cab i bought from a friend.

leapinlew:
Whether you are converting an Arcade1up or actual arcade, having your game list in hand is essential. I've modified several Arcade1up's. Converting them outright to reskinning and modding. They are fine to convert, as long as you know what you are getting into. They use thinner material and inferior controls, but they are inexpensive and light weight.

This was a reskin to a 60-n-1 from a Pacman cabinet

This is a much larger conversion to a Gorf

This Tempest was a big mod as well

They key is always to have your gamelist together, otherwise you are chasing different requirements.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version