Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mini Amp Turning Itself Off/On endless loop  (Read 742 times)

ssdesigner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2022, 01:31:34 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Mini Amp Turning Itself Off/On endless loop
« on: April 29, 2022, 03:55:01 pm »
I have a small rasp pi 4 bartop arcade with iPac 2 controls. I run audio from hdmi to my PC monitor and the audio out from monitor (3.5 mm headphone) to a RCA splitter into a small audio amp. Bose speakers are for cars and they are connected from the mini amp via speaker wire. I had this happen before and I can't remember how I got it to stop. I rebooted my Pi and the little Kinter MA170 mini amp is now in this on/off skipping loop that won't stop. It's a small audio pop noise that repeats endlessly.

I've unplugged everything and let it sit overnight already. Plugged it back in and it starts up. The LED on the amp flashes in unison with the small audio pop noise. Any ideas?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Mini Amp Turning Itself Off/On endless loop
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 10:58:50 pm »
filter caps in the amps power supply are toast.

ssdesigner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2022, 01:31:34 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Mini Amp Turning Itself Off/On endless loop
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 09:28:43 am »
Thanks Shawn. I went ahead and ordered a new mini amp yesterday since they are cheap. I'll report back once I get it hooked up and test it. If the amp is bad, I'll be installing slide rails to hold the amp in place instead of screwing it down to the inside of the cab. If I'm going to be replacing these every year or two I want them easily removable :)