Main > Main Forum

The Official ZapCon 8.2 Hijinx thread

<< < (22/22)

Gilrock:
Yeah that theme song is kinda a joke among some of my friends.  Once I had another friend that was a little over zealous about wanting to go on a hunt with us and I'm telling them "yeah he just wants to hang out with us" and my friend starts chiming in with "people...let me...tell ya...bout...my....best....friend"....lol.

pbj:

--- Quote from: Mike A on May 04, 2022, 08:43:40 am ---I used to hate hearing that theme song because it meant cartoons were over.

It was the first live action show after a block of cartoons when I was growing up.

--- End quote ---

Man, I think you just unlocked some repressed trauma in my life.  That song has made me irrationally angry for decades and now I know why.

yotsuya:

--- Quote from: bobbyb13 on May 04, 2022, 03:33:04 am ---All of you guys rock.
That was so much fun that we will need to do it again- with an even better plan!

Lots of silly pictures taken.

Tyler knows a good pinball machine when he sees it.

--- End quote ---
It was great meeting you and your son, Bobby! Wish I would’ve had the opportunity to spend more time with you. That’s what next year is for! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacoTownCharlie:
Took me a while but I think I finally have my mind back in my head  :)

Just wanted to share a few thought/memories.  First, thanks to everybody that made it to ZapCon this year.  Already looking forward to seeing everyone next year and hopefully adding more of you to the list of ZapCon veterans.

It seems like just yesterday...

Anticipation of finally attending a ZapCon. Questioning my sanity as the idea to get a Mullet for the weekend enters my head.  Ms. TacoTownCharlie says absolutely no way, afraid I might try to keep it longer then a weekend.

Wednesday:
Seeing the look on Del and Gibby's faces when they saw the Trans Am picking them up from the airport. Bonus: late night In-N-Out with the ASU coeds.

Thursday:
Grateful to my family for making Thursday at Starfighters Arcade a great party.  Alex took care of grilling the burgers and Ms. TTC made sure we had plenty of supplies.
Finding out the Gilrock is a true statement, Gil Rocks!
I don't think Gilrock will ever get over being asked to leave Starfighters due to his open beer bottle inside.
Got our first batch of authentic Mai Tai drinks, Special Thanks to bobbyb13 - you the man!
Country Music night the the Amphitheater next to the Convention Center means Country Music (female) fans :) .

Friday:
Got to introduce more people to Matt's Big Breakfast in downtown Phoenix.
Going out Jawhn's house to help him with the load-out.
Thankful to Del for encouraging us to go to the The Monastery Bar & Grill, then Starfighters and finally ending the evening at the ZapCon pre-show.
Really had a great time at The Monastery Bar & Grill talking to everybody.
Finding out the HaRuMaN's lovely bride has so much in common with my wife (Coincidence or Fate?).
Getting to introduce my wife to nexusmtz for the first time.

Saturday:
Finding Yots to get my badge on Saturday.  The Achievements really make ZapCon more fun!
Occasionally looking for PBJ hoping the he would make a surprise trip.
Seemed like there was 50% more pinball tables this year.
One of my personal favorites, Machine Bride of Pinbot, made a return to ZapCon.
Really liked the cocktail Tetris for two player fun.
Laughing my head off playing the Rush pinball table with a member of the Alpha-tron collective.
Playing Death Race (1976); still a joy and a laugh to play.
The Big Lebowski pinball; really with a name like what more can I add?  Best played with your teammates.

Sunday:
Sunday Lunch of Barro's Pizza, Beer and Cookies outside.
Not only did I get lei'd and Tai'd by bobbyb13, I got to fondle his nuts (macadamia).
There's just something wonderful in a two player match of Karate Champ; the sound design is so simple but so satisfying.
Taking MikeA to the airport, sorry to see him go.  Thanks for calling me brother :) .
Post ZapCon dinner at Joe's Real BBQ, sneaking in bobbyb13's Mai Tais for everybody  (Special thanks to Del and Gibby).
Finding out there we were just around the block from Level 1 Arcade Bar.
Retro Raccoons multiplayer was great, not too much fun by yourself.

Walking around most of Monday quietly giggling to myself thinking of all the fun I had.

Ms TacoTownCharlie Says:
I had such a wonderful time meeting everyone.  I loved the stories and pictures of scenery and animals from Hawaii. The grilling was fun at Starfighters, but I also loved the quieter more intimate gathering on a patio at the hotel on Thursday night where everyone could be heard once the country music concert was over. I enjoyed meeting Lee's wife, and maybe once school is out, we'll get to share some wine somewhere with live music rather than digital beeps and chirps...though I think Dave Grohl is likely out of the question. Tyler was a hoot and such an amazingly good sport for being trapped with all the grown ups and I love how Jawhn offered me his pickles at the BBQ joint as if he knew I was coveting them.  I'm hope everyone had a great time.  Thanks for playing along with all TacoTownCharlie's big plans and events, and a special thank you for all the leftover rum and beer.  Looking forward to next year and maybe a side trip to Hawaii to stay with our new friends. 

bobbyb13:
Looking forward to next time I see all of ya- here or elsewhere!

Everybody really needs some ZapCon in their life, but the TTC crew truly made the show.

Hope y'all (and that's all the forum peeps we met!) can come visit us on 'Oahu at some point.

I'll keep buying/building games to make for a good excuse!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version