Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rotating screen in Mala for cocktail cabinet  (Read 988 times)

Purple Tophat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 06:55:15 pm
  • Will pay cash for working time machine
Rotating screen in Mala for cocktail cabinet
« on: April 15, 2022, 11:06:33 pm »
Cocktail Cabinet help needed!

So I am trying to finish a project I started years ago. I had this PC all configured for the cocktail cab years ago and then had to change computers and lost some of my settings.

I had this set up to auto rotate 2 player vertical games. I had it set up to mirror horizontal games for 2 player.

Now I can’t seem to find any menu to set those two things. I am running Mala with Mames: .149, .151, and .161. I know those are old but this is what I have set up. Just need to know how to rotate verticals for 2 player and how mirror horizontals for 2 player, and I just can’t find any menu to let me do that. The only menu I can find I. Mame is for inputs. Any help?
Unbeatable Mortal Kombat Master

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2024, 10:23:15 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Re: Rotating screen in Mala for cocktail cabinet
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 05:39:53 am »
So just to be clear, you aren't talking about the dip switch settings for cocktail mode?

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

Purple Tophat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 08:27:17 am »
That is probably exactly what I’m talking about! It’s been years since I messed with it. That would be in each individual game then, right? Not any kind of global setting? Thanks you! I feel dumb. Hehe.

millercentral

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 04:38:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 10:30:25 am »
For my cocktail, I used a tool called "CFG Magician" (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=88948.0 or https://emumovies.com/files/file/601-cfg-magician/) which autogenerated game .cfg files that has the proper "Cocktail Mode" dipswitch set for all games in MAME that support a cocktail mode. You can also set Free Play with this if you want.

For 2P games that don't support cocktail mode, MAME has a video mode which will duplicate and flip the screen so each player has their own correctly oriented view of the screen. Personally I don't use this in my machine, but if you like that you can set it by pressing Tab > Video > Cocktail Mode = On.

Purple Tophat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 11:39:00 pm »
Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed to know, except for some reason “tab” does nothing for me. I can’t seem to open any menu other than control input. Any ideas why tab wouldn’t open that menu? It doesn’t work in any of the three versions of Mame I’m running.