Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Operation Wolf - Light Gun  (Read 2868 times)

tangodownNZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2024, 09:59:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Operation Wolf - Light Gun
« on: April 09, 2022, 07:16:06 am »
I have Operation Wolf running on my Windows PC, the game runs fine.

I have read about OMZ guns working best. Are these the SEGA guns, like the SEGA Justifier?

Is there a way I can wire one of these guns up to a usb plug and use it for the game.

If not is it possible to buy a USB light gun that will work with this game? I did read that most guns are useless for this but the OMZ guns are meant to be good. But not sure about wiring and if they work with a PC monitor?

Thanks in advance

classicjoe72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 11:23:40 am
  • I want to build a Fix-It-Felix Jr.!
Re: Operation Wolf - Light Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 10:26:23 am »
Ultimarc Aimtrak will do what you're wanting

tangodownNZ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 01:30:42 am »
Apparently the aimtrak guns are not the best, because you have to stay in the same position.

"Aimtraks are certainly not the best flat-screen compatible guns for use with a PC. They aren't even a good option.
The best option is to use the OMZ arcade guns used by every Sega arcade since House of the Dead 2 and all of Namco and Taito's HD gun games.
The OMZ arcade guns work on any display type (including LCD and Oled etc). They are as accurate and responsive as the old CRT light guns. They let you stand at arcade-like distances from the screen too (unlike Aimtraks or Wii remotes which require that you stand in another state).
You can use them with a PC by connecting them to a UHID (from Ultimarc) or to an Arduino."
Both of these options are better and more fun to use than an Aimtrak or any of the other options mentioned.
Set up is far easier than any of those DIY options too.
My Aimtrak has sat unused in a draw for years. I'd rather not play at all than use it. Total waste of cash.

tangodownNZ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 01:31:16 am »

tangodownNZ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 01:32:12 am »
The Sega arcade gun sense PCB outputs like regular analog controllers. I.e. 0-5v for each axis. I connect the gun sense board to a PC using a UHID from Ultimarc. The two guns and LEDs around the screen connect to the gun sense board. The gun sense connects to the PC and you calibrate in Windows. If you want it to output like a mouse instead of an analog controller, you can use an Arduino with absolute mouse code instead of the UHID.

jimiz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2023, 04:15:28 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 04:25:21 pm »
seem same of GUN4ir.... (arduino)  this one have also left and right sensors...