Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Logitech console wheel all-in-one project (potentially)  (Read 1384 times)

marioxb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 01:54:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Logitech console wheel all-in-one project (potentially)
« on: April 05, 2022, 12:01:12 pm »
I'd like to get a Logitech G25 (since it works on PS2 USB and PC as well as PS3 out of the box) working on all post- 32 bit Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Brook's Ras1ution 2 convertor allows this (and many other) wheels to work on PS3 thru PS5, Xbox 360 thru Xbox Series and
Nintendo Switch. However I'd also like it to support the following, without emulation (Nintendont is fine, since it's not emulation), if possible:

N64
GameCube/ Triforce
Wii (sideways wiimote, since some games don't support Classic)
Wii (Classic Controller)
Wii U
Saturn
Dreamcast
Xbox/ Chihiro
PS1/ PS2 (NeGcon mode)
PS2/ PS2 (Dual Shock mode)

I'm wondering which of the above supported actual steering wheels in the software (meaning the game knows when a wheel is plugged in). I know GameCube does, since in F-Zero GX it detects if the Logitech Speed Force is plugged in. PS2 of course sees the USB wheels, and PS1 knows if a NeGcon or NeGcon- compatible wheel is connected. Now on the other hand, the Switch, it seems, sees a controller, even when the official Hori wheel is connected, but I'm not sure about N64, Saturn, DC, Xbox original and Wii (there was a Logitech Wii wheel with no pedals and support for like 4 games). I'm fairly certain that with various adapters, I can make the G25 work with most unsupported systems in controller mode anyway. For the Wii remote, I'm thinking I can "duct tape" the remote pcb into the wheel, and soldier connections to the pedals and buttons. I guess my main concern is the NegCon. Wonder if any combination of PS3 to PS1 adapters can emulate seeing the PS3 wheel as a NeGcon? I guess I can emulate the PS1 games if need be, since I understand PS1 emulators can work this way. I'd just need a better PC. I've just never been able to emulate 32 bit and higher systems very well. But also, there is some charm to using original hardware... Also thinking about how tough it would be to gutting a PS1 Ultra Racer (clone of NeGcon, basically) and sticking its guts into the Logitech wheel.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:39:34 am by marioxb »