Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Grooveymame with radeon 4830 with component adapter?  (Read 854 times)

icanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2022, 03:56:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Grooveymame with radeon 4830 with component adapter?
« on: April 01, 2022, 02:21:45 pm »
Greetings!

I am new in grooveymame so excuse me for newbie questions.
I have ATI 4830 with two DVI outs and something like s-video like port. I have a ATI's cable for that (like the one on the picture in attachment but mine have and the svideo out too). So the question is can I use that adapter to connect GPU with component out to crt tv with grooveymame for 15kHz out?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 02:24:41 pm by icanic »

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:52:37 pm
Re: Grooveymame with radeon 4830 with component adapter?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 03:45:53 pm »
Some older cards with TV-out can do component video out via that dongle. Trouble is pic will be squeezed into a standard TV resolution like 720x480i (NTSC). They are OK for watching videos and presentations for work, but not good enough for pixel-perfect gaming, like Groovymame. It will work, but not look good.

If you have a CRT component input TV, you will be much better using the GPU’s DVI-I out (it has the extra RGB pins) via a DVI to VGA adapter. Then get yourself a GreenAntz RGB to component transcoder from me (I make and sell them) or elsewhere. GreenAntz is a perfect companion to CRTEMU/Groovymame as it simply handles the colour space conversion and mixes your sync in properly, but leaves your video modes alone. Once you have CRTEmU installed it is plug n play. The quality is very close to an RGB TV or arcade monitor.

To order a GreenAntz, contact me by direct message.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,164245.0.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 03:53:40 pm by Zebidee »
Check out my completed projects!

icanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2022, 03:56:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Grooveymame with radeon 4830 with component adapter?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 04:27:52 pm »
I have this TV, Panasonic TX-C81, it have and BNC COMPONENT inputs.

Really nice tv :-)