Arcade Collecting > Restorations & repair

Avanti Spectrum Elite dartboard

(1/1)

Tegguy:
I have a Medalist Avanti Spectrum Elite dartboard that had a motherboard go out on it. I struggled to find a replacement motherboard so I did some testing and it appeared that all that matters was the serial port.

I bought a used Dell optiplex 620 and was able to get the software to load however when I press the game select button (or player button) it brings up a turkey smoking and not actually a game but if I press and hold it registers the correct stuck button. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this board working again?

Tegguy:
Just an update the buttons work for the diagnostic testing however, if I use the matrix test when I touch a segment it goes back to the game selection menu.

Megatouchmike:
Did you figure this out?

Tegguy:

--- Quote from: Megatouchmike on August 26, 2022, 07:50:32 am ---Did you figure this out?

--- End quote ---

I gave up on this actually. I think it has something to do with the chipset on the motherboard and Spectrum is not around much anymore. I bought a replacement motherboard but it was dead on arrival. I ended up buying a grandboard and am planning to install it within the spectrum cabinet.

game_nerd:
Dang, that stinks. I have 2 of these I wanted to work on this spring, but it seems like replacement parts are hard to come by, especially matrix.
just came across this while looking for info on them, know it's an old thread but I'm passing through.

did you end up getting rid of your dartboards or just waiting for a rainy day?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version