Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Avanti Spectrum Elite dartboard  (Read 2166 times)

Tegguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2022, 10:18:03 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Avanti Spectrum Elite dartboard
« on: March 30, 2022, 03:55:21 pm »
I have a Medalist Avanti Spectrum Elite dartboard that had a motherboard go out on it. I struggled to find a replacement motherboard so I did some testing and it appeared that all that matters was the serial port.

I bought a used Dell optiplex 620 and was able to get the software to load however when I press the game select button (or player button) it brings up a turkey smoking and not actually a game but if I press and hold it registers the correct stuck button. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this board working again?

Tegguy

• Offline Offline
Re: Avanti Spectrum Elite dartboard
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 05:46:32 pm »
Just an update the buttons work for the diagnostic testing however, if I use the matrix test when I touch a segment it goes back to the game selection menu.

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:06:15 am
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 07:50:32 am »
Did you figure this out?

Tegguy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 10:18:03 am »
Did you figure this out?

I gave up on this actually. I think it has something to do with the chipset on the motherboard and Spectrum is not around much anymore. I bought a replacement motherboard but it was dead on arrival. I ended up buying a grandboard and am planning to install it within the spectrum cabinet.

game_nerd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 03:11:14 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 11:28:19 am »
Dang, that stinks. I have 2 of these I wanted to work on this spring, but it seems like replacement parts are hard to come by, especially matrix.
just came across this while looking for info on them, know it's an old thread but I'm passing through.

did you end up getting rid of your dartboards or just waiting for a rainy day?