Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Segal chassis how to connect to JAMMA  (Read 1242 times)

trick72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 03:49:05 am
Segal chassis how to connect to JAMMA
« on: March 27, 2022, 04:01:31 am »
Hi,
I have a Segal chassis CRT bought seperately. I want to put it in a cabinet with a JAMMA interface. The wiring is the RGB, Video ground and Video Sync, so 5 wires.
The Segal chassis has a 6 pin connector (see image) labeled
R
G
B
H
H+V
V

How should I wire this to the jamma? RGB is obvious, but what about the sync and ground?
Thanks

princess prin prin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:27:46 am
  • intrinsically safe
Re: Segal chassis how to connect to JAMMA
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 05:21:41 am »
It could be:

R
G
B
GND
H H+V
V

The H sync pin is usually also used for composite sync (H+V) which is the sync of jamma boards. It shouldn't be hard to check if the unlabelled pin is ground

trick72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 03:49:05 am
Re: Segal chassis how to connect to JAMMA
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 06:46:34 am »
Thanks for your reply.
I tried it like this:
pin1 : R
pin2: G
pin3: B
pin4: video ground
pin5: video sync
pin6: empty

When I power on the cabinet, initially the video is not in sync. It seems "stable" (so not going left/right or up/down but "all garbled").
When I disconnect video ground pin4 and connect it again while the game is running, the screen goes perfectly in sync and displays fine all of a sudden!
However, when I power-off and power-on the game again, the image is again not in sync until I manually disconnect and reconnect video ground.

Anyone familiar with this behavior?
Thanks