Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade 1up - Couchcades - Pac-Man and Atari  (Read 2349 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade 1up - Couchcades - Pac-Man and Atari
« on: March 25, 2022, 09:12:49 am »
couchcades:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/arcade1up-pac-man-couchcade-2872948#preorder

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap! And yes, Couchcades are absolutely packed with games. Let’s start off with our headliner, the icon of icons, PAC-MAN. Power up that nostalgia (no matter what your age), as you guide him through those infamous mazes, while steering clear of aggressive ghosts BLINKY, PINKY, INKY and CLYDE. Then take on the sequel, PAC-MANIA! Oh, and that’s just the start of the phenomenal game list: you’ve also got the underground antics of DIG DUG and DIG DUG II, the interstellar action of GALAXIAN, GALAGA, and GALAGA ‘88, the lighthearted fun of MAPPY™, and yeah, NEW RALLY-X™ and ROLLING THUNDER! Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus.

Ten games, unlimited retrogaming fun. If there’s any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

https://www.game.co.uk/en/arcade1up-atari-couchcade-2872946#preorder

Have a seat, get comfy, and Play Again with Arcade1Up Couchcades!

Easily connect the Micro Game Console to your TV via HDMI port, the wireless control deck features real-feel arcade controls on top, and a soft bean bag bottom. Yep, retro gaming just literally fell into your lap!
When looking back at the history of video gaming, there is no doubt which company was the trailblazing pioneer: Atari. A name that became synonymous with the arcade boom, and a powerhouse in broad entertainment.

Atari titles captivated the world with vibrant graphics, easily learned yet challenging gameplay, and instantly recognizable imagery.
Now, relive an amazing Atari line up from the comfort of your own couch…no matter what your age! Packed inside this Couchcade, you’ve got ASTEROIDS and ASTEROIDS DELUXE. CENTIPEDE and MILLIPEDE. Yes, MISSILE COMMAND and TEMPEST are here. Oh, and yeah, you’ve also got MAJOR HAVOC, LUNAR LANDER, CRYSTAL CASTLES, and GRAVITAR!

Yes, ALL are included. Switch up to any game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Ten games, unlimited retro gaming fun. If there is any reason to become a couch potato (with no apologies), this is it. Arcade1Up Couchcades are here!

later

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Arcade 1up - Couchcades - Pac-Man and Atari
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 10:50:50 am »
As usual, Arcade1up lags behind the Pandora's Box offerings.  Yet oddly feels like exactly the same joysticks/buttons.  Surely a coincidence.

Wireless HDMI emulator joysticks are old news at this point.

:cheers:

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 01:33:15 pm »
As usual, Arcade1up lags behind the Pandora's Box offerings.  Yet oddly feels like exactly the same joysticks/buttons.  Surely a coincidence.

Wireless HDMI emulator joysticks are old news at this point.

:cheers:

really, pandoras boxes have trackballs and spinners

where do i get one from?

later

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 06:00:30 am »
I really dig the aesthetics and ergonomics of these, but I think you'd have to be seriously off your rocker to lay down that sort of cash for such a meagre selection of absolutely basic and ancient games. I seriously can't see who this is going to appeal to...

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 08:44:50 am »
I really dig the aesthetics and ergonomics of these, but I think you'd have to be seriously off your rocker to lay down that sort of cash for such a meagre selection of absolutely basic and ancient games. I seriously can't see who this is going to appeal to...

collectors.

i have no problem buying stuff when its atari or pac-man related.
and as i mentioned, there has never been a 'good' plug and play
for trackball and spinner games, because it doesn't exist.

bought a $150 dual fightstick because it had atari on it (it was high quality though). this had an option
for a raspberry pi to play games, but i didn't need that. so i just bought the basic version.

also bought a $150 pac-man collectors watch,
and bought a $100 book on pac-man (came with a pac-man fever 7 inch)

plenty of people buy these things, because they don't know any better, and don't really care for other options.

they'll come down in cost, and have sales, maybe in six months when they are $100-$140, i will get one.

later
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 09:03:10 am by negative1 »