Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ami Rowe R87 To Digital Jukebox Build  (Read 2332 times)

Gazzer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2023, 04:10:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ami Rowe R87 To Digital Jukebox Build
« on: March 25, 2022, 08:47:16 am »
So today with a shed clear out I have made room to pull in my old Ami Row Carcass and start to look at building it back to a digital jukebox. It's not pretty and will require some work on the case first as there are no hinges, no glass and a lot of surface rust on the metal grills. I already have my PC set up with DW Jukebox (going for a cheap and free option first). Need to test the original speakers to see if they work and check rubbers and cones.

Have been toying with a few ideas for a new screen for jukebox software which I will add later.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 08:49:53 am by Gazzer »

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
Re: Ami Rowe R87 To Digital Jukebox Build
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 08:55:38 am »
My other projects have been on the small side as I tended to build them for care homes during the pandemic, most were touch screen and used either DW Jukebox or SK Jukebox (sucker for the free software).

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 09:06:59 am »
As this is a proper jukebox case I will be going down the non touchscreen route and looking to install buttons on the front for the browsing and selection of tracks with some "admin" buttons for Credits, Volume, Skip Track.  As stated earlier I have started to formulate my own skins for this project. The first one had 132 selections (66 strips) but I found that the numeric numbering can only handle 0-99 (100 tracks) per page, this would then require alpha numeric selection and the use of "I" which may get confused with the number one so I stripped back the amount of selections.

The red schemes do have a spelling error (this has now been corrected) and one is plain the other was more colourful at the wife's suggestion.

I then was shown a "Fruitbox" skin which has album covers super imposed over a CD case so I have a work in progress (blue scheme) where it will add the artwork of the album when playing that track. I hope you like them?

LTC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2024, 11:10:11 am
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 08:05:11 pm »
I'll be watching closely. Once I determine if my recently
aquired R-85 is fixable, I will go the digital route but would love to keep this piece, but it would require a 200 selection capable interface

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 02:42:40 am »
So time has been taken up by work, then realise my mothers 80th coming up and she wanted a simple jukebox. So I repurposed my old freestanding unit. New internals, motherboard, memory and hard drive. New cooling fans and a slight change to the software. So I have DW Jukebox with the SMB skin for her oldies, SK Jukebox for (By Artist Only) Albums and then finally Xlobby which will pick up all selections.

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 03:47:20 pm »
Blooming hell work taken over my life recently. Had no chance to scratch my nose let alone any hobby works. Have managed to spend a little time on my software and got a new screen started.