Arcade Collecting > Merit/JVL Touchscreen

Gametime (Force) Installer iso?

(1/2) > >>

MasterOfNone:
Hi folks... I believe the ION-based Gametime installs from the regular ION 2008.5 iso, but is there a Force edition year iso that installs the Force-based Gametime?

I have two Force Gametime's that appear identical in every way except one was manufactured in April 2005 and the other in December 2006.  The working drive from the 2006 put into the 2005 machine throws an invalid key error (but doesn't provide a version number reference.)  The working 2006 has a key labeled SA3519, but the key in the 2005 doesn't have a label. So, rather than mess with keys, thought I'd just do a fresh iso install on the 2005 machine.
Any tips? Thanks! :)

Spank:
You need version 25.10 for Gametime. Force and ION used the same discs from 2006-2008.
Maybe someone upgraded the software, The force uses standard io boards im pretty sure unlike the IONs.

MasterOfNone:
Thanks!
Makes sense... The DVD's I have are V25.00 rather than 25.10, but no big difference I imagine.
I still don't know what the unlabeled key is, but the machine was definitely running with a "Gametime" menu, not regular Force.  Guess I could try 2007.5 and 2006.5 iso's to try to find which version works with the unlabeled key..., assuming GT needed a new key every year just like the commercial units.  But, if they weren't ever updated, the April 2005 machine must've been a 2006 edition, and the December 2006 machine a 2007, right?

Spank:
Don't think they needed a new key, the keys should be all the same for force I think, I have never had the force version.  If you hit the setup button, it should list the key number.
There was a similar game that looked like the gametime, the key worked with 2009 software, I forget if it was ion or force. Maybe kidspace I don't remember. I had the key and I got it running. Was a few years back though.
I think Gametime has to be 25.10. Don't think the 25 will work. Not 100% sure though.

Megatouchmike:
Gametime force used a completely different versioning schema. I frequently see versions reported as v1 and v2 in operator setup on the games I get in for repair. Have imaged them both, and for replacing bad hard drives, either one of the two always work for me. I guess I should start paying attention to which goes with which.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version