Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gametime (Force) Installer iso?  (Read 2372 times)

MasterOfNone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2022, 12:19:24 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Gametime (Force) Installer iso?
« on: March 25, 2022, 02:41:24 am »
Hi folks... I believe the ION-based Gametime installs from the regular ION 2008.5 iso, but is there a Force edition year iso that installs the Force-based Gametime?

I have two Force Gametime's that appear identical in every way except one was manufactured in April 2005 and the other in December 2006.  The working drive from the 2006 put into the 2005 machine throws an invalid key error (but doesn't provide a version number reference.)  The working 2006 has a key labeled SA3519, but the key in the 2005 doesn't have a label. So, rather than mess with keys, thought I'd just do a fresh iso install on the 2005 machine.
Any tips? Thanks! :)

Spank

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:20:28 pm
  • I like to help out.
Re: Gametime (Force) Installer iso?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 07:03:29 am »
You need version 25.10 for Gametime. Force and ION used the same discs from 2006-2008.
Maybe someone upgraded the software, The force uses standard io boards im pretty sure unlike the IONs.

MasterOfNone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 09:15:55 am »
Thanks!
Makes sense... The DVD's I have are V25.00 rather than 25.10, but no big difference I imagine.
I still don't know what the unlabeled key is, but the machine was definitely running with a "Gametime" menu, not regular Force.  Guess I could try 2007.5 and 2006.5 iso's to try to find which version works with the unlabeled key..., assuming GT needed a new key every year just like the commercial units.  But, if they weren't ever updated, the April 2005 machine must've been a 2006 edition, and the December 2006 machine a 2007, right?

Spank

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:20:28 pm
  • I like to help out.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 11:36:14 am »
Don't think they needed a new key, the keys should be all the same for force I think, I have never had the force version.  If you hit the setup button, it should list the key number.
There was a similar game that looked like the gametime, the key worked with 2009 software, I forget if it was ion or force. Maybe kidspace I don't remember. I had the key and I got it running. Was a few years back though.
I think Gametime has to be 25.10. Don't think the 25 will work. Not 100% sure though.

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:47:24 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 08:43:22 pm »
Gametime force used a completely different versioning schema. I frequently see versions reported as v1 and v2 in operator setup on the games I get in for repair. Have imaged them both, and for replacing bad hard drives, either one of the two always work for me. I guess I should start paying attention to which goes with which.

MasterOfNone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 05:49:38 am »
Ugh..., damn, I think I figured out the problem (bricked I/O) by breaking my perfectly good GT.  The other GT throwing the Invalid Key error previously had an unlabeled hard-drive, which I made the mistake of trying in my 100% good GT. During boot it went crazy and ended with the message "I/O board reprogrammed, reboot machine", arrgh... On reboot, I see a flash of the GT splash screen, but then it can't find the touchscreen.  I wonder what other system that HDD could be from that wouldn't recognize good ol' Force serial microtouch and also would be setup to reprogram the I/O? Boot menu on mystery drive only has one choice "linux", no version number, though LILO is 21.6.  So, now both of these GT machines apparently have corrupted I/O's that throw Invalid Key errors with a known good GT key&drive set installed. If the I/O's have been converted to commercial Force I could run that (didn't try yet), but I really want 'em to stay original. Guess I have to figure out how to get the I/O board firmware back to GT style... Help! I'll pay handsomely! :)
PS-Tried fresh install from iso, tried other good drives and keys, all same invalid key error. If I put in a regular Force drive, it throws the fatal error like the I/O board isn't even there, so I guess the mystery drive didn't reprogram it to be commercial Force. Such a bummer. This GT was still all factory original and untinkered with until I got my grubby paws on it. Now I'm wracked with guilt for screwing it up, and GT I/O boards don't grow on trees... ;(
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 09:55:50 am by MasterOfNone »

MasterOfNone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 12:04:20 pm »
Also, the Force 2008.5 iso for V25_00 does work for GT, but it results in GT V3.02, while V25_10 installs GT V4.50. I only have V25_00 to try, but the original drive in my formerly working machine showed as 25_10 & 4.50.  Seems like the V25_10 iso may be the last one. I remember someone saying somewhere that 2008.5 is the last edition with an update for GT, but is that true?  If I ever get this I/O board fixed, I'll be too scared to try updating with the 2009 iso! :)

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:47:24 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 09:50:37 pm »
Yep. I have that same drive, the one that reprograms ioboards. Luckily I was able to restore the eeprom from another Io and that got it running

Could probably help you out the same way

P.s...i have a few dozen GameTime keys from people who wanted to upgrade their machines. I probably have the one you need, just a matter of finding it

MasterOfNone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 04:17:21 pm »
Since all the GT keys I've ever seen are labeled with the same SA3519-03 (except for the unlabeled one), I'm wondering if it's really just the I/O board that's different and has to be matched to the right drive image. hmm...