Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Model 2: Calibration Problems with Sinden Lightgun when enlarging screen  (Read 1866 times)

ArcadeFire999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2022, 06:14:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys,
maybe you can help me with the following problems with Model 2 Emu in games like Virtua Cop 2 and the Sinden Lightgun:

1) How can I disable the mouse being displayed in the screen?
2) (The actual problem): As soon as I enlarge the window after the start, the mouse and the crosshair (I know how to disable the crosshair) split apart (there's always a disctance of several centimers between them) and the gun isn't accurate anymore. In fullscreen you can't add the Sinden border : /

I already tried calibrating via f2 and checked https://sindenlightgun.miraheze.org/wiki/Model2 but still have no clue how to solve these problems.

Many thanks in advance

Ben

Easybeatuk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2023, 01:54:00 pm
it sounds like you are running the game in widescreen as opposed to 4:3, therefore have you amended the .ini file to make the game display in a 4:3 ratio. These are my settings and it calibrates fine with no mouse cursor displayed.

FullScreenWidth=1280
FullScreenHeight=1024
WideScreenWindow=0   ;Set widescreen in windows mode: 0 - 4:3, 1 - 16:9, 2 - 16:10

ArcadeFire999

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2022, 06:14:30 pm
Thanks - in the end the solution was to use the borders from the Sinden software and go to full screen.  :notworthy: