Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Please help, faulty Golden Tee Fore 2005  (Read 1780 times)

snevets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2022, 01:33:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Please help, faulty Golden Tee Fore 2005
« on: March 16, 2022, 03:41:46 pm »
Would anyone be able to offer some advice? 

I am the proud owner of a faulty Golden Tee Fore! 2005.  Green board p/n 2011 rev 5.  It's the UK version.

It was bought from eBay with the previous owner knowing very little about it, except he thought it might be the hard disk and had been in storage for a number of years.

Once switched on it detected the hard drive then completed filesystem check then went on an endless reboot.  I then noticed that there was a spare security chip (earlier date), so swapped that to see if it made a difference. In error, the E2-RES3 chip was also removed, but put back in before powering up, oops.  Anyway on power-up this time it progressed to the Golden Tee boot screen with the message System Status OK ... Initializing, please wait.  At this point it then reboots.

After some looking on the forums there were some instructions about disconnecting the start button, so did this and I then got the 'Loading game' message, then reboots.  So close!  After a few reboots, I got the message board error? oh no. 

So I then put the original security chip in and the machine now seems dead.  Black screen and just quickly reboots with the clicking sound from the speakers!  The board's 3 of the 4 led lights are lit.  The unlit one is furthest away, does this mean anything?  I had also disconnected the hard disk, still no display. 

Would you nice people be able to offer some advice on what to try next?  Could the board be dead?  I really want to get this working, but if not are their options for running a raspberry pi with the original trackerball, monitor etc.

Thanks for reading.

I attach some pictures.

snevets

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2022, 01:33:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Please help, faulty Golden Tee Fore 2005
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 12:56:05 pm »
Bit of an update. Checked the voltage, it was a little high, so adjusted that to 5.1.  No change.  when powered up, it looked like it was doing something as the HD activity light is flashing but had no output, with the 3 led's lit on the board.

Next, I checked the security chip and the one in the bottom right corner labelled E2-TES3 1999 as I had been messed around with them before.  The E2-TES3 had 2 bent pins not making contact, so attempted to bend them back and the pins broke!!!!!

Would anyone know if I can get a new one of those chips? when I power it up now there is no HD activity and all 4 leds are lit on the board.  So not looking good :(

Really stuck now, would anyone have any advice on what I should do next.

classicjoe72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 11:23:40 am
  • I want to build a Fix-It-Felix Jr.!
Re: Please help, faulty Golden Tee Fore 2005
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 09:08:48 am »
I.T. will replace your broken security chip for $50. I've done it myself. Just call them up and arrange an RMA. You have to ship your old chip to them first for them to verify and they'll send a new one back. :)