Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ms. Pac Man Machine  (Read 1340 times)

IslandStylin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2022, 02:03:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ms. Pac Man Machine
« on: March 16, 2022, 02:03:03 pm »
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. My wife was given an original Ms. Pac Man Machine. She is finally ready to part with it, but I have no idea what these sell for. Would love to get others opinions on the matter and if this is the best place to sell or otherwise. We are located in souther California. The cabinet has some small damage. It lived in a skating rink for a long time. What do you think?

https://imgur.com/a/Bj5GiaP

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Ms. Pac Man Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 03:52:51 pm »
sale price is VERY highly situational. if games are a hot commodity or are rare in your area, it could fetch lots.
if games are plentiful and the market where you are is saturated with all kinds of games, it might get next to nothing.

i know nothing of what things are like in california. perhaps see what other games are going for in your area on craigslist and the like and price accordingly. for a route machine, that actually looks not half bad... and if it's all original(ish) the beter.

Knowing nothing but California has Richie Rich's living there... I'd start at 2500 and see what bites. if it doesn't sell in 2 weeks drop it 100 at a time until it does.

or spend a few hundred on some new sideart, t-moulding and your time to restore it to brand new refurb condition and put it up for 5000.

601 Arcades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 15, 2022, 07:01:08 pm
  • I build my own arcade controls all the time!
Re: Ms. Pac Man Machine
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 09:09:10 pm »
To be honest, that's a Ms Pacman in a Pacman cab with no side art, and they didn't even put the Ms Pac control panel overlay on it. I wouldn't set my expectations too high, Pacs are a dime a dozen. I get them all the time for next to nothing. Even if you put the cash into restoring it, you'll never get back what you put in on one of those. A good art kit will run you around $300, which will cut deep into your profits. Not trying to discourage you or even trash talk your cabinet, but $5000 isn't ever going to be realistic for a Pac, even if it was coated in 24k gold. I'll give you an idea, I just purchased a VERY mint Galaga cabinet, with all original hardware, working perfectly, with a new(ish) monitor in it for $400 last week. I see restored pac cabs on ebay going for around $800 all the time. There's 4 on there right now. Just have a look on craigslist and ebay and see what an average asking price is for a cab in similar condition and start on the higher end of that range, and work your way down if It's not selling. Ask for $1000 and let them talk you down to $800.  Or something along those lines. Good luck with your sale!

If it were me, I'd put the coin into converting it back to a Pacman, with new artwork and then try to sell it for more!
Ms Pacman (All Original)
Galaga (All Original)
Dragon's Lair (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Centipede Cabaret (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Robotron Mini (Original Hardware/Reproduction Cabinet By Me)
WIP Multi-Williams