Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade 1up - Early E3 2022Leaks - NFL Blitz, Time Crisis and Marvel vs Capcom 2  (Read 4192 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Incoming for Arcade1up : Time Crisis; NFL Blitz, AND Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Joust Collectorcade 1 player July 15th

Pac Man Collectorcade 1 player July 15th

MK Collectorcade 1 player July 15th

Ms Pac Man Legacy September 15th

Ms Pac Man Head to Head Countercade September 15th

NBA Shaq 19 Aug 15th

Pac Man Couchcade Apr 15

Atari Couchcade Apr 15
-------------------------

Collectorcades might be smaller than countercades.
Head to head, are just tabletop versions.

Couchcades are soft version for the lap.

later

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
Time Crisis, Blitz, and MvC2 will be really interesting developments for A1UP, but it seems like they are just unconfirmed rumors at the moment.

negative1

• Offline Offline
Time Crisis, Blitz, and MvC2 will be really interesting developments for A1UP, but it seems like they are just unconfirmed rumors at the moment.

when a retailer posts them, and then removes.

it's a pretty high probability.

also, various insiders have all but confirmed the details.

later

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Flap Flap Flap

later

Really? I thought that the MvC2 rumor was just based on a text listing that could have indicated a variant of vanilla MvC. Of the three, only Time Crisis seems like a definite possibility. Blitz used analog joysticks and MvC2 has been stuck in licensing hell forever. Also, both of those games would require better chipsets than A1up has ever used. The first Time Crisis game seems more possible, especially if they just emulate the PS1 version. I suppose Blitz could be an emulated PS1 version as well, but it's going to suck without decent analog joysticks. I guess the typical A1up crowd might not care too much, but I'm impressed by the quality improvements of this line lately and would like to see them continue to improve.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
https://i.redd.it/lzsy01skcrn81.jpg

Was listed on gamefly - Here is a pic of the posting from reddit since it was removed from gamefly.com shortly after being posted.

negative1

• Offline Offline

later

Really? I thought that the MvC2 rumor was just based on a text listing that could have indicated a variant of vanilla MvC. Of the three, only Time Crisis seems like a definite possibility. Blitz used analog joysticks and MvC2 has been stuck in licensing hell forever. Also, both of those games would require better chipsets than A1up has ever used. The first Time Crisis game seems more possible, especially if they just emulate the PS1 version. I suppose Blitz could be an emulated PS1 version as well, but it's going to suck without decent analog joysticks. I guess the typical A1up crowd might not care too much, but I'm impressed by the quality improvements of this line lately and would like to see them continue to improve.

john d worked at capcom, and has various industry contacts.

they've been working on this for a few years now to get it.

so that's how it came about.

later

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
I saw a totally unconfirmed rumor about Time Crisis having Point Blank 1 and 2 on it and now I really want them to release it because I would buy that very quickly. I'd love to have PB1 and PB2 with some light guns. Lightguns in mame are still murder to configure and expensive, so even if it's a little price - that doesn't seem so bad.

BUT!

I would wait for the reviews because they've had some questionable things slip through QC.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
A shooter cab with Time Crisis, some of it's sequels AND Point Blank 1 and 2 and proper solenoid-ey clacky clacky recoil light guns would be a VERY appealing purchase. But it'll probably never get released in the UK, so, meh...

negative1, do you have some kind of connection with the A1up team? Can you suggest to them a Silent Scope complete cabinet...

negative1

• Offline Offline
A shooter cab with Time Crisis, some of it's sequels AND Point Blank 1 and 2 and proper solenoid-ey clacky clacky recoil light guns would be a VERY appealing purchase. But it'll probably never get released in the UK, so, meh...

negative1, do you have some kind of connection with the A1up team? Can you suggest to them a Silent Scope complete cabinet...

i only am unofficially on their Q&A team. but the best way to recommend a game is to
go on their Official Facebook page, and put in requests there.

later

negative1

• Offline Offline
E3 is cancelled this year.

But they will probably put out their own press releases later this year.

later

Wagmi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 29, 2023, 06:45:26 am
MvC2 would be my first 1up purchase if it ever came to be. So many hours spent playing that. Too bad I could never convince the arcade place to sell me theirs  :lol

negative1

• Offline Offline
NFL blitz confirmed by FCC link:

later

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Flap Flap Flap
So, MvC2 and Blitz with 49-way joysticks now available for preorder, amazing! Also, it seems like the Blitz games aren't being emulated, which makes sense.

Gotta say, A1up has really improved their products over the years.

EvilNuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 04:41:13 pm
Blitz is an edited version with the late hits taken out (requirement by the NFL) so some folks are shrugging their shoulders and ordering and others are sharpening their pitchforks.  Me, I'm extremely curious to see how the 49 way sticks quality comes out.  I think the only options right now for 49 ways are $170 from happy directly or a ultrastik 360 no?

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Flap Flap Flap
Blitz is an edited version with the late hits taken out (requirement by the NFL) so some folks are shrugging their shoulders and ordering and others are sharpening their pitchforks.  Me, I'm extremely curious to see how the 49 way sticks quality comes out.  I think the only options right now for 49 ways are $170 from happy directly or a ultrastik 360 no?

I'm also interested in seeing the new 49-way hardware design. I still have my pair of Happ originals from the early 2000's. Frankly, the included rubber grommets weren't great, far too mushy. I had to mod them with much snappier aftermarket grommets from Groovy Game Gear. If the sticks are that expensive to buy new, I could see people buying the Blitz cab just to harvest the joysticks or maybe someone will make a mod to add Food Fight and other analog arcade games to the cab.

As for the late hits removal, I doubt that I would notice, but I'm not somebody who has played a ton of Blitz. As long as they have the over the top stuff during the play, I'm good.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:04:02 am by KenToad »

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
All said and done, I have 4 Arcade1ups and if Time Crisis does indeed release with PB1 and PB2, it'll be a day 1 purchase.

My kids have 2 Arcade1ups that I just cut a couple Donkey Kong side panels to make risers for (paint next):

And the Gorf and Tempest which have been heavily modified:

They have really stepped up their game to fix some issues with the first generation cabinets. They are still on the flimsy side, but they really do work well in a typical home setting.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:43:58 pm by leapinlew »

EvilNuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 04:41:13 pm
They have really stepped up their game to fix some issues with the first generation cabinets. They are still on the flimsy side, but they really do work well in a typical home setting.

Agreed!  I have the A1up Tron and am quite pleased with it.  I very much want the a1up dragons lair and star wars (if they ever re-release it) and would be very interested in time crisis and maybe blitz depending on the controls.  My struggle is if I had the spare time I could just pick up a GRS yoke and make my own star wars to play the same games and a bunch of driving games, etc.