Main > Project Announcements

Making SEGA Genesis cartridges

<< < (53/55) > >>

pbj:
I had some more pcbs printed up.  If you want one, chime in soon.  I think I have 30ish 2MB EPROMs laying around and this project is done

Malenko:
I think I need to buy the JAP version of Virtua Racing.

bulldawg:
Started working on this again.

bulldawg:

--- Quote from: pbj on December 12, 2023, 09:47:32 pm ---I had some more pcbs printed up.  If you want one, chime in soon.  I think I have 30ish 2MB EPROMs laying around and this project is done

Have you tried to use the surface mount flash chips on these boards? Also have you ever tried doing a 6mb cart?
--- End quote ---

pbj:
Okay, dammit, I watched some YouTube video about “Genesis games nobody ever talks about” and got dragged back in for a few more.  These are both interesting games and I had access to glossy labels, a color laser printer, and “gloss print” mode.  The end result was so good it makes me want to redo them all but that would almost as crazy as spending $2,000 remaking genesis bootlegs you can run off a $20 flashcart.

The labels have the slightly translucent look of the originals.  Dragging a fingernail across some test prints was okay, but if you flex the sticker you’ll get crackling.  Not quite sure how SEGA did it, but these are as close as I’ve gotten so far.

:cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version