Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2005 Golden Tee Complete Edition - Monitor Problem!!!!  (Read 1440 times)

doughboy197900

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2022, 12:23:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
2005 Golden Tee Complete Edition - Monitor Problem!!!!
« on: March 10, 2022, 11:02:56 am »
Hey guys, got a problem.  I just bought a 2004/2005 GT Complete Edition yesterday evening.  When I went to the seller's place to look the game over, everything worked perfectly.  We played the game for about 30 minutes just to make sure everything worked with no monitor/display/hardware/software issues at all.  Once we moved the game to my house, when we fired up the game the monitor looked like needed a degaussing.  We let the game warm up for 20 minutes since it was only about 40 degrees, and when we started to play the screen went black.  We restarted the system, screen came back on but still had bad colorations on it.  Screen went blank again so we turned off the game.  Now when we power up the game, everything works but the monitor.  It is a black screen and there is a noise that is not a ticking or constant clicking noise, but to me and the guy it sounds like a relay switch clicking every 2-3 seconds.  Any ideas or thoughts?? Maybe when we moved it something came loose, but I've tried to check everything that I can so far.  I will be posting a video and pics tonight or tomorrow to give you guys a better idea on what I'm dealing with.

I've seen videos where monitors are making a constant ticking/clicking noise, but that's not the noise my game is making.  I can only describe it as a relay/switch noise that makes two clicking, then pauses for a seconds, then does it again. 

doughboy197900

• Offline Offline
Re: 2005 Golden Tee Complete Edition - Monitor Problem!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 11:04:32 am »
Here are some pics. Trying to upload video

doughboy197900

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 11:24:11 am »
 Bummer, I can't upload my video of the game system running with that clicking noise. 

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:08:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 01:43:05 am »
what make/model is the monitor